Unironically i'm glad he died. Works like Black Hole Sun make the world feel less good...

unironically i'm glad he died. Works like Black Hole Sun make the world feel less good, less of something you want to be in. it's the way he sings more than what he says. Anyway, his death allows one to say 'ok that was just him, he was a depressiontard. he wasn't telling the truth'

Attached: ChrisCornellTIFFSept2011.jpg (768x1024, 355.91K)

music like that exists for when you're feeling depressed you retard you don't put it on when you're happy

wtf when did dave grohl die

well that's fine for zoomers but the rest of us lived through the 20th century where you didn't get to choose what music was pervasive (btw enhancing and deepening your depression is profoundly stupid but i accept that people on here think things like that)

I’m not the individual you’re responding to, but to be fair it’s not as though you’re required to engage with the most prominent forms of music. I mean I reckon you could make it become a kind of “white noise” if it’s playing in a store, and if it’s on the radio then just change it.

>btw enhancing and deepening your depression is profoundly stupid
That's not how it works, you realize you're depressed so you listen to depressing music while you ride out the storm. It's not like listening to happy music would suddenly cure your depression

The fact is if it's 1995 and you're 15 you have radio, tv, shops and most importantly, no reason to know that you're having bleakness pumped into you and would do better to 'make some white noise' so this is just hindsight smugness which I find a bit pathetic

You shouldn't feel depressed then.

I'm not an expert on depression but from what I learned about how you do fabricate your own experience (which let me be cured of my anxiety)
>realize you're depressed
is literally all that depression is. If you 'realized' that you didn't want to be depressed and didn't need to indulge it, then you wouldn't *feel depressed* (which was what the original comment said I don't really know if this is a applicable to 'clinical' depression)

i will be glad when you die

>If you 'realized' that you didn't want to be depressed and didn't need to indulge it, then you wouldn't *feel depressed*
Tell that to yourself the next time you get dumped or someone in your family dies

>THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Attached: THEBEST.jpg (1620x1080, 163.49K)

>I'm not an expert on depression but from what I learned about how you do fabricate your own experience (which let me be cured of my anxiety)
I think it's easy for people to get influenced by moods pushed by media or social surroundings and could very well fabricate depressive states too. Unless you have an anchor that's bigger than them. God/spirituality, maybe a sense of culture, or maybe just family. It has to be bigger than the world itself, whatever thecae. Sadly, those are three things the modern world would love you to get rid of too, and for you to rely on it's own mechanisms as the substitute.

kek you're actually going to say grief is 'depression', for free? you're saying this without even being paid, just because you saw it around? we really are in a state

>gets proved wrong so he shifts the goalposts
I never said grief and depression were the same thing. Are you implying that people don't get depressed after tragedies?

what probably needs to be the operative meaning of depression for the thread to make sense, is 'feeling bad without a specific cause'. I understand that to be what people complain about when they say that depression causes their bad life. Otherwise, if it was accepted that the bad feeling was a response to the bad life, there would be no point complaining about or focusing on the feeling itself. It wouldn't even merit a mention

*specific *logical* cause i.e. literal loss. It is certain that 99% of people whining about depression online are talking about how "*things* are just bad. everything sucks. It feels like things that I should like, I don't" etc. undertstand?

Who wastes their time with those people? Go be depressed and listen to shitty Cornell someplace not around me.

>captcha: FDSM5

I listened to Superunknown a lot as a teenager and just thought of it as any other hard rock album. I put it on the other day though and now that I'm older it really hit me just how bleak that album is. It has way more genuine angst than most extreme metal or even hardcore punk I've listened to.

i've been chronically ill for 8 years and i pretty much can't feel happy unless i masturbate or do drugs. it's not a choice, my brain is just fucked up. i'm a very strong willed person, and i have endured a lot in my life before this and overcame depression multiple times before this happened to me, but there are certain things you can't think your way out of. you have no idea what it feels like to be someone else.

>jerking off and getting high make me happy
Whoa....no shit?

>Works like Black Hole Sun make the world feel less good
actually they make it feel more good because that's a really good song. fuck you.