Guitar Anons

So I wanted to get a guitar, and attempt to learn it on my own. I was wondering if any of you long time guitar anons might have any advice as to where to start. Sincere post here. I am willing to spend upwards of $600 on a new guitar, and would like a nice one to start out with. Any advice as to what type of guitar I might pick up? And also, if you could give me info on amps and strings, that would also be helpful.

Attached: Jackson X Series Soloist SLX.jpg (720x720, 39.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rRc8v6rs5Z0
youtu.be/0nPbJMO-NYs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just learn to rap instead. The guitar is a dead instrument.

Marty Schwartz

Not a chance. I never cared for Hip Hop or Rap music. I can remember being 5 years old, riding in the car with my mother while she played R&B, Hip Hop, and other stuff. I didn't like it even then. But when she turned the station and Skid Row came on, a 5 year old me did the best at singing along to "Youth Gone Wild". I've pretty much always loved Rock and Metal music. It's always been with me.

Besides, while Hip Hop and Rap may have more commercial airplay, there is still a thriving Metal community. I mean, the longevity of Rock and Metal cannot be matched. Rappers come and go, and many of them are largely forgotten. But Rock is forever. A Rapper gets big, and is gone in 10 years. But you, your dad, and your grandpa all know the words to a Led Zeppelin song. Why is that? People still talk about Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, and he has been dead for 28 years. Smells Like Teen Spirit has over 1.3 BILLION views on YouTube, and Nirvana's songs are still played on the radio to this day. THAT is what it means to last. That is what it means to make an impact on music. Metallica still plays the Super Bowl for goodness sake, and their first album came out over 40 years ago. Metal never dies. Hip Hop comes and goes with the wind.

It depends entirely in your stylistic and timbric choice. For that money you can get a more than ok above average mid(-high) tier instrument from almost every brand that isnt f*nder or g*bson. What music are you into?

1)take your time. understand what you're doing, try and rationalize what notes you're playing after you've learned a song.
2)watch a guitar player you like play live on youtube and imitate him. soon enough you'll understand how he holds the guitar and his style of playing, and you'll develop a style for yourself
3) thumbs!!!!

Everything from Alice in Chains to Thrash Metal and in between. After posting, I figured I might have to specify what kind of sound I'd be aiming for. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how to be specific. I suppose that I would be interested in buying more than one guitar at some point, so I suppose it doesn't matter all that much at this particular time.

I guess I'd like to start with something like this...

youtu.be/rRc8v6rs5Z0

Or this

youtu.be/0nPbJMO-NYs

Like I said, I'd be interested in eventually buying more than one guitar (as many guitar players do). I hope that helps. I can try and be more specific if necessary.

if you live in a city go to a pawn shop and buy something that says Fender on the headstock, will be cheaper than buying new. musicians are always junkie losers 100 percent of the time and always end up pawning their shit

>fender on the headstock
imagine wasting your money on a 21/22 fret trash gfarbage

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 6.41K)

this is copypasta, right? the Superbowl halftime show from literally two weeks ago was rap/hiphop themed, and nobody gives a shit about Metallica except retarded boomers

Shut the fuck up you retarded ape, go back to your containment thread >>>/prod/

Again, you are a retarded wannabe that will never make it anywhere so why do you think your opinion matters on this subject? Go back to your toys and piano roll big boys are talking here.

I'm as Godin shill. Quebec's (canada) finest guitars. They are generally cheaper than brand name guitars, but they are really well made. I bought a used one for under $500 and it's a pleasure to play.

Start with any 6 stringed thing that looks remotely like a guitar it literally doesn't matter.
After that start learning basic chord shapes, pentatonic scale etc. and learn simpe songs and practice as much as possible. Little and often is best.
Then just start learning what you like.

Man up. You know you want it.

Attached: 25E68B9F-6526-4D6E-AF4F-61D8F3ECADAE.jpg (740x1488, 756.42K)

tf is that cutout in the middle of the body i thought the picture glitched

FPBP. Guitars are outdated and nobody except retard boomers want to hear that shit.

t. fag who has absolutely no idea about the world beyond his computer screen

Start with piano. Guitar sucks as a first instrument.

Step 1: Purchase and install a whole fucking piano

A digital piano is like 500 bucks for a roland or yamaha with decent keys. And the speakers are built in. Piano is far superior to begin with because music theory actually makes intuitive sense on them as it is a linear instrument. The guitar is a matrix and the chord shapes are confusing for beginners. That's why most guitarists only know the pentatonic scale.

Yeah that's fair enough if you really want to get into music theory and the technicalities of a song. If you want to learn guitar parts to songs with a guitar, just start there

Everybody should know basic music theory. Plus the piano has far more range. I wish I had started on piano and learned theory immediately. It makes everything easy mode.

you dont need a brand new guitar, a pre owned is a fine one to start out with. Also, do some research about the guitar you want, cuz a shit guitar is the worst one to start out with.
I reccomend a DS-1 distortion pedal to start out with, and strings I would reccomend Ernie Ball super slinky

A properly set-up rep strat is all you need to start guitar, squier is just a meme just get whatever you can lay your hands on

Ernie ball strings blow, get drs, you don't need a distortion pedal just use the amp. Buy a used strat or tele.

for your first guitar buy something with a fixed bridge. just starting with a floyd rose style locking trem u gonna have a bad time