Jazz student here, was this supposed to impress me?

Jazz student here, was this supposed to impress me?

Attached: cover.jpg (300x300, 47.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/18Su2305sTly
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rock student here, I love this record!

all music is meant to impress you cause they're doin their best :)

>Jazz student
Paying money to learn how to recite other people's music and lose your own originality as a songwriter? Gay

ambient neofolk student here, op sucks cock for a living

>jazz student
go back to playing chromatic gobbledygook over children's nursey rhyme standards. This isn't for people like you

rap student here, these white boys are straight fire you know wha i mean? these niggas dropped some real flames fr fr. also op is a white nigger and eats her grandma's fecies as a daily breakfast

>Paying money to learn how to recite other people's music and lose your own originality as a songwriter? Gay
Is there anything inherently wrong with that? I would imagine that the overwhelming majority of people who play music in the world are people who play music written by others. Whether it be people who play songs they like in their free time, folk musicians, cover bands, classical/jazz musicians who perform the established repertoire of their genre, etc.

DSBM student here, this album is quite sad and depressing. also op's stupidity makes me want to kill myself even more

black country new road are better.

>he can't play an instrument
>he can't sing
>he doesn't know basic music theory
>he listens to dogshit bands like black country gay road, bob dylan, and the mountian goats for the 'relatable' lyrics

Why yes, I am a music expert! How could you tell?

Attached: 1644939626741.jpg (1042x876, 502.43K)

sludge student here, op is faggot

saxophones really be like
>DUBBA DUBBA DUH DUH DUUUUH DUBBA DUBBA--DUBBA DUBBA DUUUH

B8 thread but it brings up an interesting point regarding musicians. I studied jazz music in college (USA), which I do realize is a bit of a farce. I always made the joke that I probably listened to the least jazz music out of anyone in the program. I love listening to jazz, but my default “recreational” listening is more on the rock/pop side (Deerhoof, Radiohead, James Blake, black midi, etc).

OP, don’t worry if you didn’t like the Slint record. I listened to it once because it’s memed here, and I really enjoyed it, because I like that sort of music. If your main genre is jazz, I can see why you wouldn’t be impressed — it’s not technical, and not very improvisational. If you listen to some “post-rock” music, you may gain an appreciation for Slint, in terms of their influence on the genre. Either way, listen to what you like.

You don't even know the guy you're talking to or his status and obviously don't listen to Bob Dylan since no one listens to him for 'relatable' lyrics you fucking retard

This is what bob dylan sounds like to me because he drops the note fucking constantly. He sings like he has downs syndrome. Why would I flog myself with this hellish torture?
voca.ro/18Su2305sTly

Filtered

Yeah you've obviously never listened to a Bob Dylan song in your life also thanks for derailing the thread faggot please kill yourself

Cope. I'd rather listen to people with talent.

Filtered times 2

t. can't play, can't sing, don't know basic music theory music expert

Enjoy your jewish nepotism boomer meme I guess.