Thoughts on Machine Girl?

What's your thoughts on their music?

Attached: machine girl.jpg (1200x1200, 769.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dz2bJc3YHN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This album felt really unique to me when it came out. The combination of punk aggression with electronic production and slight vaporwave influences was something I hadnt heard before. I like their earlier more trance-y stuff too but I just resonate with this one more. I think they lost the magic a little bit in their subsequent releases. The live drummer is an absolute monster but they've stripped their music down a bit to accommodate him, which I find less interesting than the total overwhelming saturation of this album.

I personally enjoy both sides of Machine Girl. I love the more trance-y electronic side and I also love the punk-electronic side, however I feel like my sweet spot is probably this album as well.
I like pretty much all the albums besides U-Void Synthesizer, because it doesn't sound that good or interesting to me besides like two tracks (The Fortress and Batsu Forever). Regarding vaporwave influences, I think MG went a bit more for that on Gemini, in a very obvious way, however I still felt it lingering on Because I'm Young, yeah.

Idk, I liked all the other stuff like the various EPs, mixes and compilations (like the newest one, RePorpoised Phantasies) but I don't like U-Void Synthesizer all that much.

tryhard

I went to a metal show and got bullied by the guitarist for wearing a Machine Girl shirt :(

not as good as bc,nr

Algorithum core, this shit is always in my youtube recommends and it gets tiring. Yeah it's alright but their success is so obviously driven by their like MDE style retro aesthetics it gets a bit dull

the most brutal album i've ever heard

It's gimmicky music for people that feel the need to be "not like the others." This was my favorite album when I first heard it, I was all over it, and then the initial polish wears off and you realize how bad the music is. This is the same with me for a lot of hyper pop ish stuff.
And their front man or whoever does their socials is a mentally ill loser.

This is accurate

Deserved.

Brutal doesn't sound like a leftypol school shooter having a mental breakdown.

>they
I had a positive opinion of Machine Girl before I knew they went by they/them pronouns. Now I have a negative opinion of Machine Girl.

Attached: 1625180937606.jpg (1440x3120, 413.78K)

That faggot stole me name

Tranny music

olivia ended xir

Good. Last September MG was opening for Dying Fetus and Code Orange (the lame part of CO likes that MG I guess) and 25% of us just stood outside during their whole set.
>And their front man or whoever does their socials is a mentally ill loser.
Musically I think MG is 5/10 of but they are repulsive in every sense which makes it unlistenable.

Their merch/graphic design person is cute

Remember when he got mad over Fantano not reviewing his album

Sauce? Sounds funny

These fucking cowards stole my name

machine girl what do you think of my album youtube.com/watch?v=Dz2bJc3YHN4

They're the most important bands of the last decade

i really liked them when i was 16 and just found out about them. i've grown out of them now and i can't listen to it anymore.

I like them but only because I'm a hipster, basically what said