ITT: Artists who should have taken on a different genre

if he released the exact same songs, only with a couple extra layers of synth, pitch shift on the rap, some reverb on the female vocals, and some more technical drums this shit would have been legendary. it would be Any Forumscore no doubt. unfortunately jizzy didn't do this, instead choosing to settle on generic pop rap. many such cases! please post more ITT.

Attached: geazy.jpg (400x400, 15.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRFkEQliMdY
youtube.com/watch?v=mEDILo067bg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wdym pitch shit on vocals?

like in this song.
youtube.com/watch?v=lRFkEQliMdY

Don't think Young Gerald would've been more popular with that stuff
Im a big G eazy connoisseur and think that his problem right now is bad marketing

Hey guys, show some love for Gerald

god he fell off. Nobody talks about him anymore and I'm from the bay. His newer stuff isn't bad just played out. As far as the sound is concerned, he hasn't evolved at all.

>pitch shit

Attached: eye roll.jpg (618x597, 41.87K)

>If something wasn't bad it would've been good!

But why? How to evade his fate? What's next for him?

James Blake should go back to making good tunes instead of his boring pop stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=mEDILo067bg

Literally who

gaga wasted her talent doing EDM. bitch was made for playing in front of a piano and making rock, jazz, country, and ballads.

He's pretty well known, he's married to that insane woman from The Good Place

He lost a lot of good will and media attention when he broke up with Halsey. His career before March 2020 was almost completely supported by features. What can be done? pray to God you're a feature on another hit or on a popin remix. What next, mediocrity. It happens to most musicians. He had a good 6-7 year run.

Halsey drama damaged his career? But how? It's not like he was beating her up or anything.
And to evade mediocrity you should evolve and change sound I guess

He sorta tried changing his sound in 2020 with Everything's Strange Here. it has one good song if that on it.
It sold like shit and barely got on the billboard 200.
>Halsey drama damaged his career. But how? It's not like he was beating her up or anything.
It got him a lot of attention and kept his career afloat. Him and I was a huge song. And when he cheated on her all the crossover fans left and he didn't get media attention like he used to. I think it hurt him with women in general as well.

Him & I, great great song, love it
Gues his bad boy image backfired. Think you should not cross some lines and maintain appealing image.
Why weeknd gets away with it though...

The weeknd went from bad boy to corporate. But he stuck with it and did not flip flop. G-Eazy couldn't pick a lane. Bad boy to good boyfriend to bad boy.

Easy. If they'd continued in the direction of VLV/Prospekt's March instead of going full poptimist they'd have continued to become this generations' Beatles, or at least the closest thing to it.

Attached: coldplay vlv tour outfits.png (960x951, 955.16K)

They should become a hard rock band, People is their best song

Attached: The1975.jpg (3093x2062, 1.33M)

Wow, didn't thought of that.
And last question. How do you go corporate?

Based Coldplay enjoyer.

Attached: imageresizer[1].jpg (1220x715, 125.93K)