Would it be fair to say that Philip Glass is the best 20th century composer?

Attached: 07subGANN-superJumbo.jpg (2048x2048, 653.32K)

zappa is

Xenakis

Every "classical" composer after Schoenberg is dogshit. There is more artistry to be found in the albums of Steely Dan than Philip Glass. They should seriously call modern classical McClassical. And frankly, if I'm going to be choosing one of these namby-pamby minimalist faggots to listen to, it'll be Moondog.

its a tie between ennio morricone and vangelis

Are you fucking kidding? Or just tasteless and retarded? How the fuck could you ever think that Phillip Glass is better than Ligeti, Ravel, Schoenberg, Messiaen, Penderecki, or Ives? And that's not even mentioning Elliott Carter and Anton Webern, who were by far the two greatest composers of the 20th century.

Idk what would be the opposite of fair would be in this context but this opinion is that

he's definitely up there. i sure as shit hope it's not hans zimmer.

He is not even the best contemporary composer

20th century is too broad. You could *maybe* argue he's the best composer of the 80's. But even that is doubtful.

Steve Reich is the best western composer of all time
All of these are touristcore

lmao

>Steve Reich is the best western composer of all time
How exactly are you defining "Western?" I think regardless of your definition this has got to be one of the most absurd and tasteless statements I have ever read on Any Forums. I've been here 14 years and I don't think I've ever read such a ridiculous thing as that.

Hey, thanks for not dismissing the composers I listed as "tourist core," you would have been extremely off-base and wrong-headed to do that.

schoenberg > glass imo

he looks like mark kozelek lmao

No, that's Steve Reich

>14 years
you poor soul

reich is horrid.

Forget about that. How exactly are you defining "Western," that's really what I want to know. If it's just the United States, I could almost forgive such ignorance, but if you mean all of the European countries as well, I don't think such an insane statement as that could ever be forgiven.

good glass is very good, but hes produced so much trash he cant be best anything. he had some moments and thats it. hes been a mc composer like for 40 years now. his symphonies are all unnecessary.