London Calling is the greatest album ever made

London Calling is the greatest album ever made

Attached: TheClash.jpg (694x567, 241.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5awX1_J3IHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's not Pet Sounds

>lazy alcoholics playing middle class reggae
no thanks

The Clash were fucking terrible and their working class populist image was completely fake. Joe Strummer’s father was a high ranking diplomat in the British foreign service. Strummer, Jones and Simonon all went to posh art schools on daddy’s dime.

At a pivotal time in music when the original punk wave had died and new synthesizer technologies were becoming available following the global success of bands like Kraftwerk, The Clash took the “back to basics” route, which is the biggest possible cop-out. The result is a pastiche of limp covers of old ska and rocksteady songs, cliche-riddled politically charged anthems, and poorly arranged horn sections that make every song they’re featured on sound like it’s being played by the Saturday Night Live band. For an album that tries so hard to come off as aggressive and politically charged, the music on it is incredibly safe.

The Clash were phonies. They sold a fake militant populist image to the working class by pairing it with songs that were guaranteed not to challenge or offend anybody (including the political figures they disparaged in their lyrics), while still making their audience feel that they were standing up to the system (of which the Clash were themselves a part). People who look to the Clash as inspiration are chugging piss and thinking it’s Riesling.

UK stays proud of good lads

There are much worse bands. They were overrated, sure, but not completely worthless

with the older ive gotten and the more ive learned about joe strummer; i hate the clash more and more

*lazy rich kid art school alcoholics

OI YA BUGGERS
CUT DA CRAP

Why? What did he do?

yeah i dont come here to read, chud.

I don't know about that but guns of brixton has the hardest lyric ever

I agree with all of this but the self-titled is still a pretty good record.

You just described the Labour party, which the band supports. Reminder that the average politician has never held a job once in their life, but that this is especially true of Labour. The Labour party is full of smarmy cunts who've never laboured one day in their fucking lives.

I never really cared for and have no idea why it's acclaimed so much.

>most influential/important punk record of all time
>listen to it
>20 ska/dub/rocksteady songs
it's one of my favorite records but i still remember going wtf when i first listened to it in middle school

Attached: 1643518575548.jpg (620x531, 58.9K)

clash ain't a great band but The Call Up will always stick out to me as a masterpiece by a band that makes no masterpieces.
youtube.com/watch?v=5awX1_J3IHk
and i guess a few of the debut and Combat Rock songs are good too. Also London Calling has like.. i think 2 good songs? i can't remember.

they were in debt for decades because they insisted all their records and concert tickets were released at affordable prices
you don't have to be poor to have valid criticisms of the establishment, if anything i would wanna hear whatever strummer has to say after being abandoned by his rich military parents at a shitty rich kid school while they went and subjugated india harder

That's what happens when journalists are in charge

Is that the guy who showed his asshole to the internet?

you type like such a jackass