Which "sub culture" is cooler, metal or punk?

Which "sub culture" is cooler, metal or punk?

Attached: IMG_7788.jpg (999x1000, 291.9K)

punk but metal has the better music

Punks actually got laid. Metalheads are all virgins and closet homosexuals.

That being said, metal has the better music.

I like punk and metal. If I joined a crust punk band, would I be "cool" and get bitches?

Why are punks always talking about individualism and being anti-mainstream but then you go to a punk show and it's all punk music you would think with a mentality like that if you went to a punk show with 6 bands you'd get 6 different genres but no it's all punk they all dress the same and think the same I've never understood how that just slipped by them

Hip hop

>I've never understood how that just slipped by them
Very slowly. Some took notice of it and called it out, but nobody listened. Bane summed it up perfectly:
>somewhere, somehow
>everything has changed
>look at what we’ve gotten ourselves caught up in
>the same mindless cliques
>the same high school shit
>all the walls you scream about breaking down
>I’ve watched you build up brick by brick
Contrast that with what punk was supposed to be
>I was a fifteen year old kid
>with nowhere to fit in
>I just wanted to skate
>listen to my Suicidal tape
>when someone told me about a place
>where the strange were accepted
>judged by what’s inside
>a scene of truly open minds

>what is ska punk
>what is ska core
>what is hardcore punk
>what is synthpunk
>what is surf punk

>Punks actually got laid. Metalheads are all virgins and closet homosexuals.
Nah, metal got way more chicks than punk at its commercial height

Attached: Motley-Oui-Layout.jpg (640x444, 152.56K)

all punk genres

Metal is still actually fairly alive while punk has been a parody of itself for decades

Glam metal is glam punk. So it doesn't mean anything

easily punk

Punk and metal are way more related than people think. Obviously assholes are gonna say punk is cooler when they don't listen to it or even listen to metal.

They’re extremely similar but different in attitude.

I listen to brutal death, deathgrind, tech death, and punks are cooler it's just a fact of life bro

>Glam metal is glam punk. So it doesn't mean anything
This post doesn't mean anything. Glam punk and glam metal are two different things. Motley Crue had hints of punkiness on their first album, but they were rooted in metal. Punk doesn't have guitar solos or sound anything like it belongs on a shelf next to any Judas Priest record.

Attached: motleycrueguitarmag.jpg (451x600, 73.2K)

punk rock 100%. punk rock evolved into several other music scenes: new wave, alt rock, post punk, goth rock, industrial, grunge, shoegaze, etc. all of those are different but owe their existence to 70s punk rock. metal has heavy metal and extreme metal. heavy metal is outdated in comparison to punk rock. the ramones, clash, and the sex pistols are household names. its not uncommon to go to a coffee shop and hear those bands. 70s/80s heavy metal its now considered the canon of "classic rock". extreme metal is the nerdiest music of all time, more so than prog rock.

They are the same genre

What a brainlet take

Metal people got laid. many of them are drug dealers, bikers or stoners. what the hell are you talking about

lolwut i think they both have potential to get laid
way to out yourself as someone who only knows about demographics of people through some internet filter
you know there are metalhead subtypes than the rym neckbeard
touch grass
i bet your politics are completely disconnected from reality, too
i much prefer punk and don't really like much metal btw
this

punk is all style no substance
metal is cool but in the same way horror movies are, only for nerds

Listen to more music and lurk more retard