There is a huge percentage of music geeks that are insecure...

>There is a huge percentage of music geeks that are insecure. And maybe music is a praxis for them to find some part of identity or confidence or something. Okay, that's fine. But again, I don't apologize for not being like that. And I don't apologize for finding it kind of sad. I just don't. There's no reason you have to be a record geek. You can love music and be successful in life and not get a fucking bunch of tattoos and develop Class A drug habits on and off. It's really super possible to do both things. I can't stop saying that to people because I just keep finding people my age who are FUCKED. They're fucked! You know, 'cause they kept trying to make this their actual life and not a hobby. And I feel terrible. I don't relish that. I'm not saying this because like I'm sticking it in someone's face. I can't think about this anymore. People I came up with are hurting bad. You know, the Other Music guys, their wives paid for them to run a record store that made no money for ten years. They had like three years where they made real money, and barely. And those years were their highest years of rent. So they were paying like 18 grand a month to Manhattan. It's just....ugh. So yeah, I kind of have to be done with it.

Attached: 1508011039409.jpg (856x440, 37.3K)

Ok but but this dude is still a faggot

Ott is the most insecure music publication persona I know of

which of your favourite bands did he insult

At least Chris is sane enough to not be one of those guys.

I've followed like 3 different twitter accounts only to have him disappear. I miss his shitposting

All your favorite artists are rich kids dicking around

Attached: 1566100659200.jpg (1280x720, 66.67K)

And? Are they supposed to be poor kids dicking around?

Hes right desu too many people use music as a fashion or identity

Yeah. Rich people should be playing tennis and shit.

I don't think he knows who Tuatara is

you realize he wasn't saying that means their music is automatically bad when he said that right?

is he streaming tonite? or was that yesterday

Why does he makes Any Forums seethe so much?

because neo-Any Forums is mostly zoomers who got into music from Any Forums or RYM lists and due to the internet don't have genuine appreciation for music and artists they connect with. So when someone shits on the bands their darling Swans or Godspeed You Black Emperor, bands they've been told are the gold standard they get upset

this. they think of themselves as iconoclastic in their takedowns of beatles and buttrock but they’re just as pissy about their own canon as the boomers they seethe over

they're revising buttrock and nu-metal as something that was "based" and always good. The scenecore emo bands are next, just watch. I'm sure millenials did the same to bands that were jokes to Gexn Xers

Like Steely Dan?

I didn't know we did that, but sure

What is this from? I've only ever heard his podcast which hasn't been updated in what feels like 10 months or so, since he did the Cure discography review

his last stream before he deleted all his shit off youtube for the third time or whatever