OK Computer was a turning point in the history of music and changed everything

>OK Computer was a turning point in the history of music and changed everything
> -ah yeah how so?
> -it... It just did okay?

Attached: okc.png (316x316, 195.7K)

I've never thought of Radiohead as innovators really, but they've always been at least head IF NOT SHOULDERS above their contemporaries

Bad bait.
OK computer is one of the best alt rock albums of all time, show me something that sounded like it before. If you don't like the sound that's your bad

>"IT CHANGED ROCK MUSIC BRO!!!"
>nu metal and post-grunge become the biggest rock genres afterwards while brit pop dies

>OK Computer
>Britpop
Pick one spastic Britpop had been long dead before 97 none of radioheads output has been remotely britpop.

Mellon Collie

IF NOT SHOULDERS

>they've always been at least head IF NOT SHOULDERS above their contemporaries
why? and who are their contemporaries?
>show me something that sounded like it before
kek

>OK Computer was a turning point in the history of music and changed everything
does anyone actually say this? i'm pretty sure it's just considered an extremely well made rock album

Fuck radiohead, stop talking about this band unironically. Their music is some of the worst hot garbage to ever touch my ears.
You can call it bait, you can call me crazy, but yes, Be Here Now was the superior album of 1997 because at the very LEAST it's upbeat and fun to listen to instead of the boring, unimaginative, depressing, shitty snoozefest that OK Computer is.
I would wipe my a cover of this album if I had it printed out.

Instead of working class chads like the gallaghers British guitar music swung towards middle class soft bois after ok computer, a swing it's never recovered from

big fish small pond

Britpop died, in part, because of OKC.

>none of radioheads output has been remotely britpop.
The Bends

>does anyone actually say this?
I've seen a lot of people say it.
>> -ah yeah how so?
Off the top of my head, it signalled a shift in alt-rock sound after grunge and britpop, and like someone else said it was a reason why britpop itself died (there was also Oasis' 3rd album which people didn't like at the time, and also Blur's s/t which was a distinct change of sound).
Also keep in mind that quite a few bands were influenced by OKC, and developed their sounds around it. Like Stereophonics, Coldplay, Travis, Keane, Elbow, Snow Patrol, and were sometimes labelled as "post britpop". Other bands like Muse were influenced by Radiohead in general.

i just think it's a really fucking good record regardless of how inventive it is in the big picture

>why?

They... They just are ok?

This and Kid A are the last albums to be really culturally relevant in an innovative way, if only because nothing has fucking changed since then
>inb4 muh Kendrick muh #BLM
Go and listen to We Insist! and shut the fuck up

Violently homosexual Oasis fans hate this album because it came out the same year as the massive flop 'Be Here Now' and shit all over it in every possible way.

Attached: shat.jpg (1021x1135, 728.48K)

Oasis fans are straight, Radiohead fans are abundantly homosexual.

Literally yuppie music

Based

>Oasis fans
>straight

Attached: implying.jpg (600x634, 26.61K)

>Violently shit on
According to who? BHN outsold it 3 fold, BHN is still held as the best album released that year. I only see contrarian music faggots praise Radiohead. Never see their influence in the real world.