Favorite band is the Beatles as a little kid

>favorite band is the Beatles as a little kid
>like very few other artists, love the Beatles entire discography. Every other artist I like it's maybe a few songs here and there from them
>discover Any Forums as a teenager, listen to the entire Any Forumscore and sub-Any Forumscore chart. Listen to a ton of Swans, Death Grips, Xiu Xiu for a while
>listen to weird experimental music like Stockhausen, Ligeti, and Penderecki
>listen to a ton of metal. Black metal and nu metal mostly. I (not even memeing) listened to nearly the entire "list of good albums." Really like Revenge
>listen to a ton of singer-songwriter, especially Jackson C. Frank and Dave Bixby
>listen to a lot of prog, mainly King Crimson and Aphrodite's Child
>Check out some shoegaze. Get super into Lift To Experience - Texas Jerusalem Crossroads
>still don't like rap much. Listened to some classic stuff like Wu Tang Clan, Slick Rick, and also listen to Kanye's entire discography, it really doesn't do much for me
>listen to a little bit of jazz. Enjoyed Jewels Of Thought by Pharaoh Sanders but never got too into the genre as a whole
>listen to some harsh noise but it seemed like just memey nonsense to me
>basically just sample everything I can think of. A few deep dives, but for the most part I'm a "genre tourist"
>recently decide to relisten to the Beatles
>listen to their entire discography multiple times through and every solo release
>still convinced they're the best band of all time
Sorry that blogpost went longer than I meant it to but here's the main point: am I autistic, or are the Beatles really that great? Are there really the best band of all time or is it just in my head?

Attached: The Beatles discographies.jpg (2880x3768, 2.97M)

This is from some app that tracks your listening history. My top artists over a lifetime (note this is only for spotify, stuff I downloaded or listened to through other means aren’t recorded)

Attached: C8822921-4540-44EC-9A94-4203F404205F.jpg (1170x1970, 757.01K)

Here’s my top artists over the past six months, you can already see the change as the Beatles climb higher

Attached: 330E2BD4-DB52-4B92-A684-A394B8FF677E.jpg (1170x1928, 1.77M)

You aren't autistic, you're just normal.

And here’s my top artists over the past four weeks. I post these only to help back up my story and show I’m not exaggerating. Over the past year I’ve barely listened to anything except the Beatles

Attached: 783D54D3-43E5-420B-BBAB-4E88DAD31495.jpg (1170x1626, 1.19M)

This is not normal. Who the hell listens to the Beatles entire discography on repeat multiple times?

Art isn’t a sport and so to try to measure the quality of greatest? Not possible but certainly there is something to be said when accounting for the fact that the Beatles despite all these passing years of generation to generation, are still greatly spoken of. For better or worse. Not that other musicians haven’t achieved that but still. If you can endure the passage of time then surly there was merit to your work. So just enjoy The Beatles and have that be that with much happiness

yeah they're awesome and all but they're no Velvet Underground or Doors

Great bands, I love them, especially the Doors, but they're no Beatles

the beatles make generic accoustic guitar pop music and they suck. go listen to more music

OK I can definitely understand if someone doesn't like the Beatles but they definitely made a LOT more than "generic acoustic guitar pop", that's just objectively wrong.

Ive had a kinda similar journey, but I think outlining it in the way you did can kinda encourage a sorta surface level engagement with each respective genre rather than gaining the chronological journey you had with the Beatles. For example I was kinda at a similar arms reach with hip hop, but then when I saw Beastie Boys Story last year on a whim it blew my mind how they seemed to go on a real progression of artistic and personal growth. Engaging with their work through that lens has made their albums pretty much equally as rewarding for me as the Beatles stuff. I think approaching artists as more sorta self-contained things where you see the progression of the sensibility (which ideally should resonate with yours) rather than just "the best of a genre" helps make their music hit deeper.

A bit of both

What more music? At this point, what music do you honestly think I could listen to that A) I haven't heard yet and B) will honestly make me go "wow, this is better than the Beatles"

I will never understand how anyone can be exposed to prog rock and then willingly go back to these 2:00 soundbite nothing-tracks

I will never understand how anyone can be exposed to Bach and then willingly go back to these 10:00 soundbite nothing-tracks

I will never understand how can be exposed to Bull of Heaven and then willingly go back to these 60:00 soundbite nothing-tracks

Mostly because these are not comparable styles at all. Pop Rock is in essence similar to prog, but terminally simplified. And 10 minutes is hardly a soundbite even by Bach standards so that doesn't make sense even at the most basic level kek. It would be more like going back to one of Telemann's gazillion shat-out expendable 2-minute dance pieces after being exposed to Bach, which not many would consider reasonable.

>favorite band is the Beatles as a little kid
Did you ever think maybe you just like whats familiar to you?

me nigga

No yeah I definitely understand that concept, but most peoples music tastes change from when they're a kid. It's not a hard and fast rule, but I'll see and hear people joke about the shitty music they listened to as a kid.
>"Oh yeah, I listened to Limp Bizkit when I was 12. They suck, I was so cringe"
My music taste hasn't changed since I was 12, it hasn't changed since I was 4. I've listened to more stuff, but my overall taste is still "The Beatles + some other non-Beatles stuff I guess"