Does anyone remember reading this article when it came out?

>pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-indie/

Does anyone remember reading this article when it came out?

What did you think of it then?
What do you think of it now?

Attached: indie.png (1470x736, 2.35M)

not this shit again

yes
nothing
nothing

i'd still jerk off to the qt in the middle

I remember when this was published but I knew better than to read it

at the time i thought it was garbage clickbait that even the author didn't believe. now, i think there are a lot of people that actually think that way

I was like "that's weird" and now i'm a nazi

>Starts losing audience and revenue when you try pandering to rap/pop artist fans like Cardi B who don't like to read anything more then 2 sentences, so now you're suddenly giving great scores to white indie bands like BCNR, Big Thief and Animal Collective again

There were a lot of articles from hipster news publications bashing on "whiteness" around 2014-2015. This directly lead to Donald Trump being elected.

>the unbearable blackness of hiphop

Shut up Chud

I still love white people

Based and same

>the unbearable asianness of kpop

emily browning is the hottest

This was the moment that killed indie

>This was the moment that killed indie
Nah, Landfill Indie killed Indie.
There were race-baiting clickbait articles written about indie going back as early as 2006.

it's okay to be white

No it's not, Chud

>Landfill Indie
Would Animal Collective count as Landfill indie?

>Animal Collective count as Landfill indie?
I wouldn't call AnCo Landfill Indie. AnCo was the first of the mp3 blog darlings that opened up the gateway to Chillwave, Vaporwave, and the DIY sound of the early 2010s.
Landfill indie was just the natural death of indie at the end of the 2000s that started with the Garage Rock Revival Bands and ending with rubbish like Mumford and Sons, with groups like the Fratellis and the Kooks being in the middle of that.

yeah ive got something white and unbearable for you right here pal

at first i thought this article was cringe
but now i think they're right lmao

but at the same time I still love the Beatles even though they're all toxic masculines, and same with Bowie, Iggy Pop, the list goes on. They're right but I don't give a fuck because I can separate the art from the artist.

>with Bowie, Iggy Pop
this current crop of trannywave/trannycore and the trans rights movement would not exist without these two normalizing it for regular audiences in the 70s

but they both fucked 15 yo girls
that's why i kept lou reed out of it. I have no source confirming he banged underage girls and he was a pretty loud spokesman for trannys

at least bowie regretted it after the 70s