It didn’t

It didn’t

Attached: D3976393-DEA2-4798-8164-802FD5591307.jpg (828x607, 366.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B44XFAJKhhA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know anyone that gave a fuck about riot cunts

Sleater-Kinney is more popular than most Any Forumscore

Not saying much

kurt dated some bikini kill girl for a bit, probably what turned him into such a massive cuck
youtube.com/watch?v=B44XFAJKhhA

if you're a english-speaking girl in an indie, punk, grunge, or post-punk band your two vocal references are courtney love and kathleen hannah.

riot grrl for being such a small movement had an outsized influence

Nah

women have never created a significant artistic music or music genre

>roasties screeching about muh patriarchy is punk
Lmao women can't be punk by their nature because they are extremely conformist

That and women can't face oppression. Everyone sucks up to them no matter what.

I think riot grrrl did have an impact, but much more on feminism than it did on music. It simply wasn't a very big genre, and most of the key bands in it weren't actually very musically interesting. They pretty much all sounded like X-Ray Spex clones, especially Bikini Kill, who were the most important band in that whole scene. Bikini Kill were a tight band, but they didn't really do anything that innovative. There are actually a number of female grunge bands who were culturally associated with riot grrrl, but if you bring them up to people, they'll tell you those aren't technically riot grrrl because they didn't have that X-Ray Spex sound and were more grunge (Babes in Toyland, 7 Year Bitch, L7).

There are two incredible indie bands who have their roots in Riot Grrrl, Sleater-Kinney and Le Tigre, but I would really call those post-riot grrrl (which isn't a recognized term), because by the time those bands formed the members were already in their 30s I think, and were not really part of the punk scene anymore, as they'd moved on to the indie scene. They were getting older and more experimental.

Riot Grrrl was very important culturally, as was Queercore. They had both come out of the hardcore punk scene, and were informed by its radical politics and DIY ethic, but were also a reaction against its male-centric audience and machismo. I think Riot Grrrl and Queercore really created the flavor of things like modern anarcha-feminism and queer anarchism. Say what you want about those things, but if you go to indie bookstores or liberal arts colleges in cities like Portland and Seattle, you can see riot grrrl's influence very clearly in the LGBT feminist activists, from how they speak to what they wear. The whole aesthetic goes back to the riot grrrl scene.

Attached: 2017-Evergreen_State_College.jpg (596x398, 47.88K)

Riot cunt should've been stomped out in its infancy

Why do you have to analyze everything I say?
Every fucking word is taken the wrong way
I'm so sick of trying to be nice in a place
Where all that is wanted is the end of my race

I'm not scared of you. Don't try to threaten me
And I'm not impressed with your individuality

I'm a nice guy and I don't deserve this
I know you feel cheated but don't put me on your list
Saying the word "chic" is no reason to accuse me
I did nothing wrong and if you say I did, fuck you!

-Charles Bronson - I'm Sick Of Feminists

Attached: charlesbronson_toughguy_LG.jpg (450x450, 40.05K)

Sleater Kinney were more just straight up rock and abandoned riot grrl aesthetics after the first album

>the word "chic"
*chick
This is one of the most annoying misspellings. Chic is a French word meaning fashionable or stylish (pronounced "sheek").

>in an indie, punk, grunge, or post-punk band
I think mostly only in grunge and punk though punk has more reference points.

Yeah this is how I see riot grrls influence, not necessarily in terms of sound but in terms of its response to the environment it came out off. Most third wave feminist shit have huge riot grrl influence.

Most women will stab you in the back as soon as it's convenient and don't deserve rights

Attached: 750x750.jpg (750x750, 99.74K)

This is the actual correct, educated take. All the misogynists in this thread literally know nothing other than that they hate women

We don't hate women good sir, we just know whats better for them than they do and they should know their place. We are trying to teach and guide them into womanhood.

Only midwits and bugmen think women deserve equal rights

Lmao wot

i agree somewhat.. but couldnt you also say that they werent just aping the sound of X-ray spex and other 80s queer-woman led punk acts but also the aesthetic? the dyed hair ripped clothes, tattoo thing goes back even further than riott girl... but maybe it more solidified it as a point in history... it became more a movement rather than how in the 70s/ 80s it was just some feminist punks here and there that were kinda more just feminists in the punk scene rather than a feminist punk scene solidified

Yeah I think the same. Riot grrl and queercore were more of a game changer when it came to it's policies rather than the sound (which wasn't exactly all that radical). They were never huge movements, but they did have a noticeable impact on their communities, especially thorough intersectional feminism

>intersectional feminism
So heckin based amirite fellas?