So, what's next for Anco?

So, what's next for Anco?

Attached: a1152563462_10.jpg (1200x1200, 563.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

faroutmagazine.co.uk/animal-collective-another-new-album-is-complete/
youtube.com/watch?v=nDAxXKA7d9Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd love to have some more solo albums. Sleep Cycle is a masterpiece.
I really grew to love this recent album after a few listens, though. Probably the deepest AnCo has been as a, well, collective.

A new round of solo albums and then another 5 years of obscurity like they had from 2016-2022

breaking up probably

they've already recorded their follow-up from the batch of 18 songs they had: faroutmagazine.co.uk/animal-collective-another-new-album-is-complete/

they'll also be on tour starting next month, hopefully with some more new & reworked songs

Wrong.

This is what's going on. Deakin said it will be out within a year, maybe early 2023, maybe sooner. All the songs are recorded and being mixed and mastered. Really depends on how the label wants to go about a release. See video below for a good estimate of what the next album will be. Tons of songs from the last three years that didn't make it on Time Skiffs and that are shaping up to possibly be on the best ever AnCo record.

youtube.com/watch?v=nDAxXKA7d9Y

Magicians From Baltimore
Gem and I
Stride Right
Broke Zodiac
Defeat
Genie's Open (Sea of Light)

A lot of these songs sound entirely different from any of their other material and songs like Magicians and Defeat have potential to be within their top 5 studio recordings. Some of these song structures and arrangements give me Crimson vibes from the CHz era, and Crimson I still believe is one of their best produced songs to this day aside from what we just got with Time Skiffs.

Ascension

Crimson best produced? You gotta be fuckin with me brother. It's a cool song with some cool sounds but the whole thing is mixed like a total mess. On the mixing/mastering end, it's the worst-sounding song of the CHz era.

What are you talking about? It's a lot cleaner than any of the songs on CHz and not anywhere near as cluttered.

I am hyped. TS being so quality was a surprise, given how lackluster the live boots had been. But this next one, even the boots are top notch.

I would say Crimson's production and sonic space is a lot closer to Time Skiffs in terms of breathing room and airiness. Not quite as heavy on the reverb but definitely not slam packed with textures and tones and synths and whatnot. It's probably what kept them from including it on the album.

Yeah, their next album really seems like it could shape up to be their masterpiece. I listen to this Sea of Light compilation all the time. Stride Right is yet another awesome Deakin track and I can't wait to hear the studio version. But Magicians From Baltimore as an opener, or maybe Kings Walk into Magicians? That would be phenomenal.

I downloaded that compilation and put Soul Capturer in as well at Track #4 to kind up pick up a bit of momentum before going into Broke Zodiac and then Defeat. The song selection feels great but at the same time they're all fairly down tempo songs. Soul Capturer gives it some life imo.

Yeah it's not cluttered, but it sounds like shit. The drums sound flaccid, the bass is the flattest tone i've ever heard, the whole thing is jammed into the center frequencies, no dynamics.

I'll have to listen to it again right now. I just remember when it came out it had some of the most interesting dynamics and production from anything I'd heard from them. Maybe it was just hype. I still listen to it pretty frequently and I don't think it sounds flat but I'm gonna check it and elaborate here. Maybe I'll even concede. Went back to MPP recently and felt like it was entirely too compressed and brickwalled so hard there aren't really any dynamics even after remembering it being so wet with reverb (it is) and dense. It's definitel;y dense musically but MPP's production when I listened to it on Feb 4th was just not anywhere near what I remembered it being. Time Skiffs sounds so buttery and clean in comparison.

Eh, I'm being hyperbolic, it's a good song and it doesn't sound THAT bad. I just always thought they kind of dropped the ball on the production of it and it ended up sounding kind of flat and lifeless. But listening back now, it's not so bad. I'd love if they reworked it on the upcoming tour, but I don't think Panda's drums can do that weird ascending pitch thing if they're unprocessed.

How do you feel about the production on Time Skiffs? I think it's similar to CHz in that it's best listened to on speakers - especially New Town Burnout - and really needs to have the air to breathe to give it that live performance feeling. Would you say Time Skiffs is the best production on any of their albums or am I stretching a bit here?

They should just name the next album Time Skiffs again, with nothing to differentiate the two except album covers.

So it's a split up double album? Eh. I'm interested to see what aesthetic they'll go with.

Someone guessed the name Space Riffs. I kinda like it.

Eh, you're right. The mix doesn't do it for me like it used to. I can definitely see what you mean about the drums being flaccid - they're pretty buried in the mix. The kick has no low end. The mid-high end with the guitar and vocals seems to be at the forefront for a lot of the song. I really dig what's going on with the background guitar parts plucking the harmonics, giving that twangy vibe. Lots of cool little sounds like that throughout but yeah - not as good as I remember.

Breaking up hopefully, because I'm sick of enduring dogshit music for 13 years straight.

their best album yet, that's what