/prod/ - music production general

Post what you're looking for in feedback.
GIVE feedback to GET feedback.

Upload WIPs to Vocaroo (or any other user site). You may NOT link to Soundclouds, Bandcamp - anything resembling self-promotion will be ignored.

Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials
pastebin.com/qtDwktHP

>/prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

The state of discussion about all music making and audio topics is terrible here on Any Forums, and we definitely need a dedicated board.
Here's the full argument for it:
pastebin.com/ZHXhfRZw
If you like the idea, let Any Forums know @ 4channel.org/feedback (under Board Suggestion)

Don't respond to namefags and attention seekers

Previous:

Attached: reptar.png (479x359, 213.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ab7tIZNplM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post your favorite album produced entirely in a home studio.
Mine is Oxygene by Jean Michel Jarre.
youtube.com/watch?v=5ab7tIZNplM

Attached: 5fhpwn863tx71.png (640x360, 320.39K)

Jarre is sick

Most of what I listen to from the past ten years was produced like this-
Imo the better question is albums produced on complete shit setups with no budget.

If we're talking about shit setups then I can post Jarre though.

Attached: 5592.jpg (930x610, 41.38K)

I love reading old books about sound design, mixing, mastering. You get great advice because these guys had to know their shit and be creative to create a good sound. Today you get told to turn a knob in your DAW without explaining why you should do it and what it does to the sound.

vocaroo and streamable don't work for me AAAAAAA

vocaroo aint worked for me in thread, gotta click on link to listen, if that what you mean

inb4 >oh no every anonymous file hosting site doesn't work for me, I HAVE to shill my soundcloud

Catbox.moe

can't*

Attached: 1_Ask48bK-1T1YnOSpVaavkQ.jpg (766x433, 101K)

I miss instaudio, are there any sites that have a good looking dark theme?
Every time I open vacaroo that lime green on white bullshit puts me in a bad mood.

Hey bro
What have you been up to?

fuck off faggot

I heard that if you do chords first it doesn't give you as much freedom with the bass. Freedom to do what? Should chord/bass lengths vary from bar to bar? For example, in a chorus, should you to keep to 1 bar length before a chord change, or should you mix it up and have 2 bar length chords somewhere in there? Is it better in the chorus to have 1 bar length chords in order to have more energy, while verse chords can be longer?

>not using dark reader extension
ngmi

I've been holding off on buying a Digitone or other Elektron Box for 5 fucking months cause I assumed they'd announce their new Syntakt thing soon but still nothing aaaahhh and now inflation is gonna hit and make everything more expensive

bro... lay off the crack, seriously
music isn't a fucking math assignment

I bet that user uses Safari

how do I deal with the fact I'm not going to make it

depends on the kinda music. if its bassline oriented you can come up with the bassline first.
if the bass just follows the chords do the chords first. there no rules.
think it tends to be the same chords wise. ive rarely heard songs change the number of bars between verse and chorus. but i have heard it. so again no rules amigo.

i live constantly going back and forth between knowing im ngmi then doing something i think is alright, then waking up next day and thinking its crap ngmi. its a rollercoaster

Just chilled the fuck out, been like that lately

Feel better now x100

>not having a dark mode in your browser
ngmi

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 3.23.48 PM.png (981x929, 70K)

Wow that's even grosser because it doesn't dark the logo.