Why do some people hate Slayer specifically? If you are one, what is it about them...

Why do some people hate Slayer specifically? If you are one, what is it about them? I find their "classic era" is pretty consistently good - great.

Attached: slayer-1991-624x420-1367595081.jpg (1800x1200, 1.03M)

Because they sound "tryhard" or "dated" to some idiots.

The only people who hate slayer are those who have contempt for metal as a genre and use Slayer as a stand in for all metal music

I was friends with some black/death metal fan who disliked Slayer and most thrash. He also hated Black Sabbath too.

Slayer rules!!!!!!

their singer sucks almost as much as anthony keidus, plus i think they started the cookie monster vocals meme, which makes them guilty of music crimes punishable by castration. Either way, they also Jewed their drummer out of millions because they were jews.

>their singer sucks almost as much as anthony keidus, plus i think they started the cookie monster vocals meme
See I don't get this, I think Tom's vocals were pretty good for thrash and he definitely didn't growl/cookie monster

I unironically think Dave's vocals were/are better for thrash music than James', which sound more country to me. Tom's vocals are shit though sorry not sorry. Joey Belladonna has the most traditional, and best vocal technique out of all them niggas though.

Your friend seems to be literally me. Trash metal doesn't have anything going for it. The riffs blend together into an empty amalgam of whining distortion noises. Might be the punk influence or something. Slayer is not at all the worst offender, but I can certainly understand how they can be the prime target given their flagship status.
(Ozzy) Sabbath, on the other hand, is way too bluesy. Often you feel as if you might as well be listening to Elvis Presley singing over some boogie-woogie, and I'm almost certain they do use the unadulterated blues chord progression on at least one occasion. You'd think it's only categorized as metal because it had an influence on the genre.

I hate them mostly because they are sellouts (signing with a major label is selling out)

Slayer are the best. Toured with them. Best live band ever. If you don't get it ur an idiot .

>cringe lyrics
>dogshit solos
Some solid riffs though. 5/10 for a thrash band

>You'd think it's only categorized as metal because it had an influence on the genre.
Yeah the original Sabbath is pretty bluesy but that's because heavy metal was literally birthed out of blues rock, heavy metal and bluesy aren't mutually exclusive terms, it didn't start to shed that until around the time of the new wave of British heavy metal which I'm sure you're aware of.
> Trash metal doesn't have anything going for it
Thrash has the same thing OSDM at least does for me, just riffs and solos and energy though they have different energy, I find black metal to be the more monotonous genre to my ears out of it, thrash, and death

It's fair enough, I like Tom's vocals though...I don't dislike any of the big four main singers, Dave I think has a technically "bad" voice but I think it works with Megadeth.

>Megatard has shit opinions
What else is nw?

Why would you try to talk about metal on this retarded board

First 3 are great, there aren't a whole lot of better metal albums

>think they started the cookie monster vocals meme,

They did not, what they did do first however, was provide the blueprint for death metal riffing. Out of that first generation of thrash originators who were all based or relocated to San Fransisco, it was ironically the band that stayed in LA that was the hardest.

All of those three are considered typical thrash metal vocals. Either being raspy or shrieking. Beladonna, although I like Anthrax, is not typical of a thrash metal singer.

Yeah, they were important historically, but that doesn't make their music any more listenable today. And with that being said, I don't think their bluesiness can be attributed solely to the time period, either. It was a stylistic choice. Heavy music closer to later metal did exist back then. ITCOCK's 21st Century Schizoid man came out before Black Sabbath. And compare BS's Iron Man to Killer by VDGG, or Black Sabbath (the song) to White Hammer for much, much heavier takes on similar melodies that came from its own contemporaries.

Attached: The Big 4.jpg (800x800, 790.44K)

>Why do some people hate Slayer specifically?
They're the Cannibal Corpse of thrash metal. They have some solid albums under their belts but a lot of their output from Reign In Blood on is too samey. They write mostly hookless songs with fast riff go burr. Novel at the time, and I'd dare say innovative. But they never progressed beyond that. They're stricken with AC/DC syndrome. Make the exact same album as the last only not as good.

Low IQ take

people are scared to bump music that goes hard as fuck and would rather listen to shit that makes them look like a contrarian

they look so gay hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaahhahaha how tf do faggots listen to this lol