Do you like this album?

Do you like this album?
I never listened to Elvis much before, but I've been listening to this a lot and I think it's really good.
A nice mix of soul, country, and pop

Attached: fromelvisinmemphis.jpg (1200x1159, 98.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CpKyFTYvhpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

What's your favorite track?
My favorites are Wearin That Loved on Look and Gentle on My Mind

Yes, it’s my second favorite Elvis album after Elvis Country. Elvis doesn’t get enough credit these days. He was an incredible singer and performer.

Between Public Enemy falsely painting him as a racist and Eminem mocking him like he was uncool, I think that the younger generations eventually viewed him negatively
Which is unfortunate since he was incredible. I never bothered to listen to him until the based boomers at Steve Hoffman told me about this album and it became one of my favorites

This album also had masterful production, the producers and session musicians must have been some of the best available

of course

gentle on my mind is great. its cause all the elvis fans literally died or are about to kick the bucket.

better than any beatles album

His take on Gentle On My Mind is so fucking good. The Campbell version is good but his adds so much emotion to it

That's not 100% true, Elvis enjoyed popularity after his death with people who would now be middle aged or so
But he never got popular with millenials and zoomers the way Queen or David Bowie did

long black limousine

In the Ghetto is so good

Magnum opus, 10 no question.

it's the only post-SUN records elvis album I spent actual $$$ on, so yeah

>enjoyed popularity after his death

bro of course after his death, he's a legend. nowadays i think his reputation lies more on his sex appeal and good looks when he was young. If he looked like roy orbison what would zoomers and millenials talk about, his MUSIC? Nobody watches his movies anymore either except people like my grandma.

I don't think his movies were highly regarded even when they came out

I hate Colonel Parker, I think he'a responsible for Elvis's early downfall

do you catch her "enjoying" them

Is anyone else excited for Baz Luhrman’s Elvis biopic coming this summer?

Attached: 636076A2-2BFB-43CA-8D8C-140E7193FA43.jpg (1007x1024, 69.13K)

they were super influential though, jailhouse rock was one of the biggest sequences in a movie ever. im just saying im a huge elvis fan but no one in their 20s/30s really talks about elvis.
no she's in a senior home rn.

I meant those 60s movies like Clambake when he wasn't releasing any albums

I don't even know people in their 40s who talk about Elvis
I'm trying to Elvispill my friends though

pretty much the only great Elvis album. In general he feels much more like a singles than an album artist, but this is the notable exception.

people in their 40s are still too young to remember Elvis. aside from small revival movements, the general public perception is "fat elvis" even the majority of tribute artists wear the jumpsuits, because it's easier than looking good

youtube.com/watch?v=CpKyFTYvhpU

Based and accuratepilled.

Well I'm 22 and I took the elvis pill 3 years ago, he definitely doesn't get enough appreciation. The only ones who respect him are music aficionados and grandma's. Truth is boomers and alot of gen Xer's actually think he's overrated and actually shit, but they're unknowledgeable plebs.