Rank em

rank em

Attached: black midi new road .jpg (1000x1000, 400.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fDnzpxWIMII
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AFUT>Schlagenheim>Calvacade>FTFT

both the black midi albums >>>>>>>>>>> both the bcnr albums.

They are all unironically 10/10 albums.

I think I would unironically rather just listen to Lil Baby or something at that point. All soulless pseud music.

the new bncr > the old bncr > the first black midi > the second black midi
i dont remember the names but i cant stand either of these bands, theyre fucking terrible. sorry to anyone that likes them but i really do not get the appeal of any of those albums, theyre all pretty darn insufferable to listen through
this

imagine listening to this and then saying that the shit BCNR makes is better
youtube.com/watch?v=fDnzpxWIMII

Is there a way I can put them all in last?

This, how the fuck can you say BCNR is better makes no sense, makes me think that everyone online is a depressed coomer with anxiety issues so they can heavily relate to BCNR

AFUT > OS > Cavalcade > FTFT

FTFT isn’t even really an album (according to the band), it’s more like a collection of songs from a specific period in their lives. Also I feel like a lot of the new cuts of the singles were really underwhelming. Whereas AFUT was purposefully written to be this structured, cohesive experience, and it definitely shows. BM’s first album is great but it doesn’t quite have the artistic ambitions that AFUT has.

absurd statement, i think black midis first album covered a grander scope then their 2nd and both of black countrys album. It was extremely ambitious for a debut, thematically and sonically it stands out. But i think the big thing is black country really went a different path on their 2nd album with the arcade fire/springsteen sound. They were a lot easy to compare at first but now i don't think you can anymore.

>It was extremely ambitious for a debut, thematically and sonically it stands out
Name one theme of the record. Isn’t the appeal of BM their unintelligibility in some sense? Its certainly not easy to draw out concrete themes from the lyrics.

In all seriousness, sonically ambitious absolutely, but the structure of the record is a little disjointed and it has a couple of dud moments. Btw, when I say “artistic ambitions” I don’t mean in terms of experimentation, but in the sense of crafting a work of art. You can tell there’s real labour put into the structure of AFUT, the interplay between songs, lyrics, etc.. even the symbolism of the Concorde can be interpreted at multiple levels. BM are too busy being loud n whacky to have that kind of sensitivity.

> i think the big thing is black country really went a different path on their 2nd album with the arcade fire/springsteen sound. They were a lot easy to compare at first but now i don't think you can anymore.
Why are those references a bad thing? This board places too much importance on genetic experimentation over songwriting craft imo. It’s so easy to point at things that sound like BCNR and say they’re bad or derivative because of it, but ultimately all they’re doing is acknowledging a musical context. That’s not enough to say it’s bad by itself, especially when the standard of composition and the arrangements on AFUT is head and shoulders above OS.

spbp

shit shit shit shit

cavalcade>=schlag>afut>ftft

BCNR is obnoxiously "current" it feels like a band designed to be that one band that is "oh so relevant to the new generation". I kind of can't stand it.

black midi is the opposite of that, they're just talented kids having fun making music.

correct

Imagine thinking any bcnr album is better than cavalcade.

Schlagenheim> FTFT>AFUT>Cavalcade

both bm albums beat both bc,nr albums, but I don't think that either band has released a solid front-to-back LP yet (squid's the only one that's gotten close for me and even that has some songs I'm not crazy about). excited to be proven wrong with hellfire tho!

seconding

I am not interested in rock music.

Attached: a4b.jpg (1024x576, 109.64K)