How did you get better at singing?

Attached: 1637556337525.jpg (955x850, 98.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9zNwZomsONA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Practicing all the time. Recording yourself and listening back, adjusting til ur not off pitch

Started singing in my range
Unfortunately, being a baritone means you're locked out of pop music

just kept singing in the car for a couple years

by studying and practicing singing better. you can universally apply this answer to the question of "how do I get better x", you will never ever need to ask it ever again. if you can't figure out how to do that without guidance, then you're going to fail in the first place just do something else that's easy

The trick is proper technique from the get go

Like literally when ur a kid

I used to sing in choir and chapel on Saturdays, even when we were young teens are the guys used to sing super low to seem macho, always listening over their shoulder etc, it ruins ur voice

Ur best shot is to join a local choir or singing group, or get a vocal teacher

The problem with going online is that it's a rabbit hole and u can never be sure who's giving u the right advice and so on

It's like learning a language—nobody *really* does it with babble or duolingo, u need to get a teacher

Go slow and take care of your voice

Pop music is shit anyways so nothing of value is lost

But I want to dance and sing Jamiroquai:(
Not to be a sad boi and sing Morrissey

Just sing Ringo and Doors songs.

I'm lyric baritone, it's hard to get Jimbo's tone... in all seriousness, I like The Doors but rock is not mt thing anymore... I'm thinking about R'n'b like Blackstreet and Robin Thicke, it's achievable

Sad bois can dance too
youtube.com/watch?v=9zNwZomsONA

God I wish I could sing

Singing all the time

Cope
I'm a low baritone and I can hit The Weeknd's notes
Just takes practice

You can
Being a good singer is just serving the song just like any other instrument
Everyone in Sonic Youth is an atrocious singer but nobody cares cause good singing isn't the point

what do you mean by "serving the song"?

Put Keith Moon on a Beatles song and it'll suck
Put Ringo on a Who song and it'll suck
The Who needed a raucous motherfucker and the Beatles needed a lowkey guy that could count to 4 consistently
Both are great drummers

Can you explain how? That's pretty impressive. I don't know how... And I don't want to belt those notes. Are you singing in his tone or belting?

so pick a lane and stay in it? when I sing along to music I can imitate some singers much better than others.

Been singing my whole life and just never stopped. Luckily I have a good ear for staying on key.

I'm bass but I always end of singing higher octaves. I actually wish I was lower so I could sing in my range without straining my throat. I wanna sing Sinatra and Cash.

Learn to breathe properly and utilize your head voice
If you don't know what that is figure it out
Yes.
You don't have to be able to go on crazy vocal runs or belt out high notes to be a good singer
The fact people think that is stupid

RAINBOW OF LOOOOOOVE

>You don't have to be able to go on crazy vocal runs or belt out high notes to be a good singer
well that's good to hear. I can kind of do Kurt Cobain, Liam Gallagher, and Tom Petty. I've been singing a lot in my room and in the car the past couple years. I think I've actually improved in that I can stay on key and even expanded my range but my voice just isn't that good.