Why does modern popular music take itself so seriously...

Why does modern popular music take itself so seriously? It feels like every new artist getting popular in the mainstream try to present themselves as some sort of important voice even though they are just performing shitty pop music. What happened to being fun and not taking yourself too seriously?

Attached: bloodhoundgang.jpg (650x400, 42.36K)

Who cares? Modern pop music is for 14 yr old girls

I wonder if we'll get another Bloodhound Gang album now that Trump is out of office

>Why does modern popular music take itself so seriously?
Not taking themselves "seriously" was the worst thing about 90's groups like Pavement

Wasn't the biggest song last year way 2 sexy by Drake? That whole song, right to the "I'm too sexy" sample and that ridiculous video basically disproves your "music takes itself too seriously now" theory. Maybe you're just too disconnected now with mainstream music to really notice

Drake takes himself very seriously.

Primus and Tenacious D took their musicianship seriously

And modern artists take themselves and their image seriously while forgetting the musicianship.

Clowncore don't take their image seriously.

Social media turned everyone into wannabe activists.

Attached: 1644133908996.png (1106x1012, 761.48K)

You can be an activist and not take yourself too seriously, plenty of punks did that back in the day.

The internet is srs bns now

I think it's more that social media encourages people to engage in narcissistic behavior. When I was growing up we where taught to stay anonymous on the web and to never post pictures of ourselves or give out our names and other information about ourselves. Nowadays you're considered weird by a lot of people if you don't have an Instagram or Snapchat where you constantly post details of what you're doing in your day to day life. I'm not even that old but it feels like once 2012 hit the internet just flipped into full on social media mode.

Attached: internet.jpg (900x2002, 827.49K)

Blame it on 70s autists for rock (prog) and on early 80s artschool cunts for pop.

People back then also took themselves seriously
There’s always an IRL shitpost act going on
Some time ago it was Die Antwoord, now 100 gecs

So you're saying that mutilating your own genitals was supposed to be a joke?

100 Gecs take themselves incredibly seriously and so do their fans.

liberals. And im not a poltard btw

too many tryhards

>2012
the beginning of the end

Attached: 576.png (459x425, 408.35K)

>Why does modern popular music take itself so seriously?
You're 50 years too late, it's been this way since the Beatles and Dylan.