How did they record this over 2 years and come to the conclusion that it was good?

how did they record this over 2 years and come to the conclusion that it was good?

Attached: Metallica_-_St._Anger_cover.jpg (300x300, 94.26K)

cause it is

based

quality was irrelevant the record was promotion for the movie dumby

Can't think of a band that wasted more work potential than Metallica. They had all the massive exposure and acclaim given by Black Album to proceed the next 10 years after the end of their gigantic tour in completely fucking up with their style and fanbase by releasing Load, Reload and St. Anger. What could have been. A Black Album 2 would have been good enough at this point, it didn't need to be pure thrash metal honestly, if only they followed up their heavy-yet-commercial formula.

Load/reload are sick albums

Because they weren't functioning well as a band, and it was more important to really just get it over with so they could move on.

they were having a mid-life crisis and threw in a bunch of nu-metal tropes thinking that the kids would like it

>Hetfield on therapy
>Lars brought steel drums in the studio
>Newstead left
It was always going to be a disaster

The full songs are not great but it has some excellent riffs with thrash dbeats and shit. It has one particularly grimy riff at the beginning of one of the songs (can't remember lol). Imo the riffs are a lot better than load/reload. Until it Sleeps is really the only song I truly enjoy from load era.

fpbp

The title track is in the top 10 songs in their discography.

this just had analog hyperpop drums
sophie owed his life to those fucking snares

This album makes me so...FRANTIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TOCK

I concur

>band decides not to become a parody of themselves, changes style instead of just releasing the same album every 3 years
>gets hated for it
>band decides to stick to what made them famous, keeps releasing albums in the same style to please longtime fans
>gets hated for it
You can't win.

this and lulu are way better than anything theyve made
fpbp

>this and lulu are way better than anything theyve made

Attached: 1637831663307.jpg (625x626, 39.77K)

Napster ruined them. All you pirates will pay for this.

I liked it
Load, on the other hand...

With that much success and fame comes a lack of focus, orientation and purpose. You don't know who you are anymore, or why you did any of this in the first place. Nothing makes sense anymore and everything feels hollow. When you're in that place, you won't create great things and good things become a fluke.

Load sucks but Outlaw Torn is one of the best tracks in their discography.