Was Any Forums ever a Grizzly Bear board? I really like them

Was Any Forums ever a Grizzly Bear board? I really like them.

Attached: Grizzly Bear.jpg (2060x1236, 651.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E9I4vUUUpSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

grizzly bear is quitnessential 2009 indie so of course it was sub-mucore. although i'm fairly sure yellow house was on some mucore chart, one of the older ones. also i remember shields being posted a bit around the time it came out.

Landfill indie

/thread

Didn't Any Forums respect Pitchfork in 2009? They gave Veckatimest a 9/10.
Grizzly Bear isn't landfill indie to me.

Daniel Rossen's solo stuff was pretty damn good. I kind of stopped paying attention to them after Shields, and I heard they even were having trouble getting in the same room together during that. Ed Droste basically confirmed the band is dead.

they have good songs but remember when warp was about making electronic bangers 100%? good times

>Ed Droste basically confirmed the band is dead
I think he's a psychologist/therapist now.

this

Name "indie" bands which aren't landfill indie.

Damn, I didn't even see that part. Looks like the other members haven't officially said anything about staying together, but I know that Chris Taylor seems like the only one interested.

Droste always seemed like he'd be tough to work with, but I'm only basing that off of shit he would say on social media.

Animal Collective

>think he's a psychologist/therapist now.
Most of your favorite bands have moved onto the square working world, if they weren't there in the first place.

'09 buzz and Pitchfork-core was the worst thing about this board when I first started browsing
Turns out music has just been garbage since about 1979 when they discovered gated reverb and covered EVERYTHING in it

I asked for bands, plural. Your post implies that Animal Collective is the only band which isn't landfill indie.

Pavement, GBV, Sebadoh, any 90's legacy act

Indie stopped meaning something as soon as Arcade Fire and Bon Iver hit the mainstream

There is no band that more thoroughly embodies the gentrified, organic, free trade, quinoa and kale, craft beer, mustache and flannel, thrift store, onions latte, Buddhist prayer flags on the bedroom wall, fixed wheel bicycle, corncob pipe smoking, reads Hemingway once, Brooklyn landfill indie aesthetic than Grizzly Bear. Not even Vampire Weekend. Some people can stomach this, but I can’t listen to them without wanting to puke.

I feel like that's Fleet Foxes

Grizzly Bear is like an almond milk latte, inoffensive and subpar to the original

youtube.com/watch?v=E9I4vUUUpSQ
I always thought this was a solid tune from them. Please give it a genuine listen, and I look forward to your sincere thoughts.

Don't talk shit about Fleet Foxes

You know it when you see it, though
That's the point

Never was a huge fan but I loved Ed's twitter

was he funny or something

this song has Daniel Rossen's songwriting all over it. His solo shit and with Department of Eagles is just as good desu

From a quick cursory Google search he called out Taylor Swift for something and her fans on Twitter sent him mass hate calling him
>faggot
>dirty jew
>etc.

Yeah he's the one singing. I'll have to check out his solo work then if it's similar to this.