Why do I (and many irl friends) have such a preference for older, guitar driven music...

Why do I (and many irl friends) have such a preference for older, guitar driven music? Like seriously I'm 18 I shouldn't have such a distaste for current pop music. Could you imagine teenagers in the 60s listening to fucking big band jazz and ragtime?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ULiDkXf02Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's objectively better, with more room to experiment and tap into multiple genres and sounds.

Current pop is soulless and annoying. I'd say it's a good thing for it to turn you off.

Its a different world you are growing up in. One one hand, there is really no mainstream culture - very little shared experiences and those few are being torn down. On the other, you have greater access to other cultures in both time (the past) and place (internationally).

it sounds better than the computerized bullshit out today

It's not exactly the same as a 60s teen listening to scott joplin because the culture shift in the 60s was so radical that the world was a completely different place just a few decades prior, but we are still essentially still living in the same status quo that was established in the 60s thusly the music from that era is still palatable and enjoyable

>why do I like rock music?
Why can't you tell us why you like rock music? Why can't any frogposter make a single worthwhile post?

This isn't some new phenomenon, teenagers in the 90's were getting into 60's and 70's rock, same as me and my generation in the 2000's. Guitar music has a sound that just appeals to people.

another "I was born in the wrong generation" thread. you're the worst type of niggers

Attached: 1643720775932.jpg (853x1000, 237.31K)

because rap fucking sucks

>t .yung lean enjoyer

based zoomer
what the fuck happened

but they were. it's nothing but shit (beyond just music) and anyone who thinks otherwise should neck themselves.

>Could you imagine teenagers in the 60s listening to fucking big band jazz and ragtime?
It's almost like there was a blues revival in the 60's of 60 year old guitar music that was based out of black artists in the American south of all places

kek op btfo

Reading OP's post again, I don't understand what he's trying to say. He's saying that he and his friends prefer older music with guitars and that they dislike today's pop music, I assume artists like The Weeknd, Dua Lipa and that latina girl, but what is the point of the post? Is he trying to say the majority of today's youth dislike pop music? But all my friends love today's pop music. Or maybe he's trying to say that he and his friends specifically dislike today's pop music, but I'm 1000% sure there have always been a bunch of zoomers who hated their generation's pop music. I'm sure plenty of young angsty teenagers in the 90s who loved Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana disliked their pop music back then as well. I'm sure plenty of zoomers disliked the Backstreet Boys, other boy bands, Madonna and more.

I think what OP is trying to say is that today's pop music is worse than pop music before it. I'm not going to comment on this too much, because I don't listen to today's pop music either, but from what I've heard and read is that today's pop music is actually a substantial improved on pop music from the 90s and the 2000s. Maybe some pop connoisseurs can comment on this.

Attached: 295473284753.gif (265x200, 1.05M)

>he thinks it’s the guitar
>it’s actually real drums vs drum kit

Money was invested. Quality studio engineers were hired. Not like today.

>Could you imagine teenagers in the 60s listening to fucking big band jazz and ragtime?

There was a huge resurgence of Ragtime in the 60's/70's and Jazz has always been popular with hipsters. Miles Davis was huge in the 60's.

Attached: the sting .jpg (1536x2048, 490.93K)

even a drum kit rocked back in the day.

youtube.com/watch?v=8ULiDkXf02Q

because despite superfical teenage rebellion you're taste is heavily inspired by what your parents and family listened to in your formative years