Would like nothing more than to do music with my life

>would like nothing more than to do music with my life
>theres no money in it, there's nowhere left to really innovate, and all the """scenes""" are trust fund babbys regurgitating gimmicks from 30+ years ago

Attached: UPNGELDxzQ2r8_cK_Ijc4jq0EkK_LJXX8V3ehhtBoos (1).jpg (446x362, 26.19K)

You can get far by sucking the right cocks.

Use whatever cope works best for you.

Change your motive or reason behind wanting to make music. Not everything revolves around money and fame.

Living in squalor and obscurity to prove some increasingly irrelevant and (and at this point, derivative) 'artistic cause' isn't cute desu

Do it for your own happiness. Many musicians make music for money or fame because they want to get their happiness from them. We can find joy in just making music.

>Not everything revolves around money and fame.
Thats not what OP wants you retard, he's saying that he wishes he could dedicate his life to producing music as a sole job, but at the same time he recognizes that this vocation was difficult to achieve in the boomer past and is now today virtually impossible unless one is some trustfund cocksucker like michael gira or mac demarco or whoever.

please post vid of when you an hero yourself

>would like nothing more than to do music with my life

His desire is to make music but his motivation behind it is for making money which is an unreliable motivation. He want to earn money from making music because he is seeking happiness from money. We can get happiness just from making or playing music.

It's hard work like everything in life and it's even harder because there's a lot of competition and you might not have enoigh talent to outshine them and be part of the 0,00001% who makes it.

Small network of independent artists could boost each other, and boycotting the mainstream music would help solve some of this. Hard to get people not to step all over each other tho.

>all the """scenes""" are trust fund babbys
Names three (3) scenes.

>and all the """scenes""" are trust fund babbys regurgitating gimmicks from 30+ years ago
/thread
fuck off faggot

I feel ya brother. Being at work for 8 plus hours a day but wanting to be at home making music is hellish. And when I get home I’m so fucking exhausted I can barley make dinner. Slow progress here man

*smokes crack*
in terms of innovation, the trend appears to be a relegation of the conceptual to an auxiliary function supporting pure aesthetic while masquerading as depth and most often creating a product impure of concept and flawed in aesthetic
both bend to accommodate each other but they don't really belong
for many, "innovating" in the face of this trend would be to deconstruct it, but that only brings you to the logical conclusion of the trend, not something particularly thrilling in itself
the innovation will be another wave of the krautrock / post rock spirit, not in aesthetic but in ethos- rejection of the zeitgeist but unmistakably trapped within it
as krauts took from psych rock / jazz & post rock took from lounge and ambient, the new frontier will probably be another fusion of the pedestrian aesthetic and patrician soul
how do you capture those things, OP, without being derivative?

nice

>be me
>go out and seek to talk to industry pro musicians in my city who were chart topping in late 90s and 00s when i finshed school
>find out at their peak of fame they only make $100k per year at best and hated the fame part
>money making fame lasted 4-5years
>now theyre all unemployed bums or shitty jobs (waiters, shelf filling etc) forever until death
>decided to go get career to make $200k per year for life
>now own house, cars and kick ass home studio
user musical fame is only lasting for 0.00000001% of famous musicians
also now with the pandemic thing happening even higher earning musos are sad broke asses
being a famous muso ia really all a meme

Its easier than it ever was before, there are more semi-famous or unknown pros now than there ever were because of online blogging. people have more disposable income to support musicians, even the 'irrelevant' ones like shredders find huge audiences. the old ways of working for those people like appearing in music mags are dying.
This trust fund thing, it was always true in the past, and there were even less musicians. Most musicians that achieved notoriety were middle class or better. You let the blip which is rock and rap convince you that its easy to come up from the bottom back in the day

even the 'irrelevant' ones like shredders find huge audiences
user i'll sell you 1000 followers 40k plays plus likes for just $200

It's simple
Music is your dream, your passion, following your passion, makes you satisfied. Being satisfied with life is true happiness.
So,
You making music = you happy.
Simple as.
Just do it, fuck this gay life there's only one if it's not worth living you can do yourself a favor and kys.
Being happy is not for pussies

>theres no money in it
Who fucking cares? Do it alongside a job. It's really not that hard to do.
>there's nowhere left to really innovate
Again, who cares? Why would that matter at all if you truly want to write and create music? You should be approaching music as art; you are creating something after all.
>and all the """scenes""" are trust fund babbys regurgitating gimmicks from 30+ years ago
Oh I see, you're retarded. That explains it.

you forgot
And just be comfy existing in your parents spare room for the rest of youe life no matter how miserable you'll be 20 yrs from now

Making music as a hobby = fun
Making music as a job or a career = not fun

A change in perspective will solve most of our life's problems.

You don't enjoy spending time around your parents? There are plenty of people who moved out of their parents homes and have success and wealth but still live miserable lives.