If he never died would the Beatles have gotten back together?

If he never died would the Beatles have gotten back together?

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 120.52K)

no, george harrison was a moody bitch

Yes

Didn't they all fucking hate each other by the time they broke up? I doubt they'd ever reunite beyond a couple of one-off reunion shows that would make them all a shit ton of money.

If you read his 1980 playboy interview he was completely over the Beatles and didn’t want to go back to that

Attached: 6EFBEFE0-A1B3-4B60-BFEA-9F4E86985329.jpg (750x1003, 478.72K)

This Is Fake ... Playboy was a magazine with nude girls

>Didn't they all fucking hate each other by the time they broke up? I doubt they'd ever reunite beyond a couple of one-off reunion shows that would make them all a shit ton of money.
paul and ringo didn't, ringo was also so devastated that he became an alcoholic for nearly 20 years

He'd be in the nonce wing of a prison

I think they would have done a one off performance for live aid or something and maybe a new song but that would have been it. John flip flopped constantly between "the beatles are never getting back together" to "i wouldn't mind getting back together if we all wanted to."

But I feel like by 1980 it would was too late to ever make an album as the beatles again, the hype would be impossible to ever live up to and John (and probably George) would be aware of that. If they were ever going to make an abbey road tier comeback album it would have had to be done in the 70s. By 1980 they were all too past their prime and the album would have just been nostalgia bating trash.

John was changing his opinion in every interview he ever gave after the breakup. The man was ridiculously inconsistent in his comments. And also very much a liar. Like his claims that he spent the late 70s raising his son and not caring what his peers in the music business were doing.

its almost like he was a junkie

They probably would have reunited at live aid or something.

Slanderous remark. Anything to back it up?

Supposedly they were all to play on Ringo's next record, so that might have been a start. Though I do feel like George would have been the one to refuse to do an actual new Beatles record.

le bootlegs was a mistake

I wonder if there’s a newly released documentary that might shed some light on these issues.

No, he grew up.

John and George were cool with each other. Think George worked with John on the Imagine album. Ringo just wanted them to all get along and collabed with all of them. Paul was the one who was largely excluded until John's death.

George just didn't want to work with Paul again because 'he ruined him as a guitar player".
>“With Rubber Soul the clash between John [Lennon] and Paul [McCartney] was becoming obvious. Also, George [Harrison] was having to put up with an awful lot from Paul. We now had the luxury of four-track recording, so George would put his solo on afterwards. But as far as Paul was concerned, George could do no right – Paul was absolutely finicky. So what would happen was that on certain songs Paul himself played the solos. I would wonder what the hell was going on, because George would have done two or three takes, and to me they were really quite okay. But Paul would be saying, ‘No, no, no!’ And he’d start quoting American records, telling him to play exactly as he’d heard on such-and-such song. So we’d go back from the top, and George would really get into it. Then would come Paul’s comment, ‘Okay, the first sixteen bars weren’t bad, but that middle…’ Then Paul would take over and do it himself – he always had a left-handed guitar with him. Subsequently I discovered that George Harrison had been hating Paul’s bloody guts for this, but it didn’t show itself. In fact, I take my hat off to George Harrison that he swallowed what he had to swallow in terms of criticism from Paul.”
John and George were close but I don't think they would've worked together again, not with Yoko hovering around.

if john wanted to happen it would. the others would have fallen in line asap.

nah, george wouldnt have

of course he would. he always in thrall to john.

thank god they didn't, don't want to listen to more shitty boyband music

Before 1974, not after that.

John and Paul had made up by then. There's a famous story of the two of them linking up in NYC and getting stoned at John's apartment. They were watching SNL when the hoast did a skit goading the Beatles to reunite for some ridiculously low paycheck, and they actually briefly considered going down to the studio right then and there.

he was going nowhere after 74. if the other 3 where up for it he would have jumped at the chance.

He was producing albums under Dark Horse, doing what he wanted to do with Apple Records. Getting into the film industry etc. He hated the idea of The Beatles even more than John at this point.

all ending in failure. the idea he would have been the one to hold out is just wrong.