Thoughts on Tubular Bells? I love it so much bros. I listen to it all the time

Thoughts on Tubular Bells? I love it so much bros. I listen to it all the time.

Attached: 3882761F-1DC5-4603-A31F-A679E8DAB0A0.jpg (300x300, 39.49K)

I like it OP

One of the best concept albums to date. Highly rec for anyone looking to get into more serious/academic/experimental music.

the first 4 minutes of the album are death note music

Hey its the Exorcist song :)

Unironically this

I have great respect for it, glad they did it live. Wish it didn't end with the sailor pipe thing coz that shits up a long listen of it.

respect he did it when he was like 18?

the A-side is gold and the B-side is a disappointment

It's still a pretty good album, but Ommadawn is better. I think it's generally important as one of the albums that established "autist working by himself in the studio" as a thing. Zappa was doing similar things before, but his work didn't have this kind of flavor of "one guy essentially did all of this"-vibe. I think modern electronic music makers and basically anyone making their own projects by themselves with their notebooks at home owe more to Mike Oldfield than they realize.

Yeah? Well, if Tubular Bells is so good, then why isn't there a Tubular Bells 2?

One of the worst boomer albums I ever had to sit through

if I had a band, I'd love to just randomly end some gigs with the final part of Tubular Bells Pt. 1, it's really the best part of TB that's way too overshadowed by the iconic "Exorcist" opening

Tubular Bells 3 is better

Attached: 1964166B-BD53-41D9-A5DA-D0418C6C794E.jpg (599x616, 80.46K)

The song with the goblin moaning is incredibly creative work.
My favorite characteristic of the album is excellent contrast between soft plosive notes and harsh fricative sounds

I don't understand the tubular album art
Its fucking retarder why it is flying randomly and is a tube spined

based album, my favorite part is when it goes 'PLUS TUBULAR BELLS' and everything forms together

i wish they never used it in the exorcist so i could have gone into the album blind.

Anybody prefer the 2003 rerecording? At least for Tubular Bells Pt. 1, I greatly prefer the new version. The guitars in the old version seem so flat now

You never had to sit through it tryhard pussy

He should've called it 2bular Bells

I like when he lists of all the instruments and then says "Tubular Bells"

unironically the best couple of in music history

a slightly... distorted guitar