If Kurt Cobain wasn't as handsome as he was would Nirvana have been as successful as they were and had the legacy they...

If Kurt Cobain wasn't as handsome as he was would Nirvana have been as successful as they were and had the legacy they have today?
No doubt Nevermind and In Utero were both great albums but I think his character, his problems and his looks were a huge part of the appeal of the group to mainstream audiences.

Attached: kurt.jpg (2240x1500, 391.79K)

in his own way, he fit perfectly into the future generation of teenagers, roughly speaking, for his hero there was already a free slot that needed to be taken, he did it first

It doesn't really answer the question of how much his looks factored into his appeal, a talented guy, I guess he was just the complete package.

obviously litteraly only reason anyone cares about nirvana is because kurt was really handsome if he was ugly litteraly no one would care about there music

i'm not a fag so i don't know whether kurt cobain is handsome

you've been making this thread for 5 years now.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

srsly

like a fucking 14 year old

mentally too

fucking idiot

YOU HAVE EYES
stay mad

Without the Kurt Persona Nirvana would be a Pixies/Ramones tier band. Any Forums would go nuts over nevermind the same way they go nuts over Doolittle but even harder because Nevermind is the objectvely better record. The same way, Pixies, Dinasour Jr and Sonic Youth would had been a Nirvana tier band if they had put more effort into their brand

>If Kurt Cobain wasn't as handsome as he was would Nirvana have been as successful as they were and had the legacy they have today?
Absolutely not. Nirvana as an image are more remembered than as music.

Yes obviously his looks, and more importantly his whole “aesthetic” as soulful, tortured artist was key to their success in mainstream formats. This isn’t debatable.

People ask this every day. Looks obviously matter and so does a good story, and Kurt knew this which is why he killed himself

Having decent looks can be the confidence boost needed to push yourself forward creatively and try hard in life, even if I rather doubt that was the reality in Cobain's case. It can also be a limiting factor causing young people to rest on their aesthetic laurels and do nothing important in life.
Conversely, there are probably tons of people who had the potential to be incredible creatives that never had the confidence to do so because their unfavourable looks limited their confidence to throw themselves out there, and limited the benefits they'd have received from the natural cognitive bias people tend to have towards inherently prepossessing people. Like teachers, fellow musicians, and bigwig executives. And once more, the very opposite is true, where those who rise to fame in direct spite of their unsalvageable ugliness, like Thom 'Ratface' Yorke for example, who's made tens of millions translating his dysgenic misery into haunting works of art.

I have never made this thread before in my life. Any Forums is not one person.

*she

I am he as you are me and we are all together

nice try, Any Forums

Someone told me that autists are repetitive. Convinced me that I'm no autist myself. I know how to drop shit and not be a retard. Sadly for OP, he's got problems.

>Without the Kurt Persona Nirvana would be a Pixies/Ramones tier band
So, better

Yeah I love the ramones and pixies, and I actually wish I could name drop nirvana and kurt cobain the same way I do with Pixies or Thurston Moore without looking like a twelve year old nirvana fanboy

WE ARE LEGION JOIN US

based

I wonder what Kurt would think of modern America. I suspect he'd have been a Berniefag. If he was still alive he'd probably have been canceled by now.

He was never "handsome" wtf are you smoking? Yeah he's not hideous and beastly looking but he certainly isn't handsome unless you're a 40 year old mom or her zoomer daughter

Noone knows what it means, but it's provocative. Gets the people goin'

If Kurt was alive, he would be a she. Reminder that gender dysphoria killed her

Attached: kurtcobaintrans.jpg (640x1952, 167.52K)

I think if you'd shown most people at the time a picture of Kurt with his electric blue eyes, chiselled jaw line and blond flowing locks then the vast majority of people would say he's exceedingly handsome.