/prod/

Reaper edition

Post what you're looking for in feedback. GIVE feedback to GET feedback.

Upload WIPs to Vocaroo (or any other ANONYMOUS file hosting site). You may NOT link to Soundclouds, Bandcamp - anything resembling self-promotion will be ignored.

Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials
pastebin.com/qtDwktHP

>/prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

Previous thread:

Attached: 1628627596596.jpg (2048x1280, 463.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/13VtFo4EYqPl
vocaroo.com/1g73LNYVrms9
voca.ro/1doxeSY8ja6O
voca.ro/1d8TcSBR9ABp
vocaroo.com/12R2KwRpuvtP
voca.ro/127xK1uquoqc
vocaroo.com/1mniIxAFF5y9
vocaroo.com/1eWEk7p1VxxV
vocaroo.com/1d0XKuLOQCA3
vocaroo.com/1c3Jn2XrjAFm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>108586565
Buy speakers

fresh off reaper, gib feedback frens, pursued that sloppy Pixies feeling but darker

vocaroo.com/13VtFo4EYqPl

I like the bass tone.
The guitar feels kind of aimless.
Some cool choices of dissonances and non diatonic stuff though.

>vocaroo.com/1g73LNYVrms9
(someone posted this at the end of last thread)

Nice track. The chord progression has a pretty unique character and I like how the percussion fits with it.

everything kinda sounds flat (maybe some reverb could help?), and some of the progression of the notes as well, but I really love the vocals and the general vibe. Reminds me of some rpg maker shit oddly. Sorry if this feedback is shit, I'm bad at putting my criticism into words

voca.ro/1doxeSY8ja6O

My mediocre drone/shoegaze shit. Gonna add skramz vocals as well as an underlying heavy bass and some fuzzed out octave chords. This track works best at max volume after taking edibles

Is there too much mid?

voca.ro/1d8TcSBR9ABp

Atmospheric. At first I thought it was shit but when I listened closer I could tell there was actually stuff going on
you could change the rhythm it stays the same the whole time

absolutely not, this fucking kicks ass

Ty dude
Not my thing but i like those 70s synths.
On phone sounds vacuum cleaner but theres def stuff going on need to check on proper speakers
>rhythm
Yeah. Used just my drum machine free running. Wip stage.

About your mids, i think theres too much of the same mids, tend to resonate and even mask other sounds, could use some separation.

>too much of the same mids
agree with this user

>voca.ro/1doxeSY8ja6O
this sounds cool but i would scale back the fuzz a bit

vocaroo.com/12R2KwRpuvtP

I don't really know much about EQing, but that lower guitar is kind of overpowering everything.
I like the tone, but I think it's just too loud.
Even the drums are sound too quiet in comparison.

>everything kinda sounds flat
I know what you mean. I think part of it is that the lead suddenly sounds really small when the drums come in. Thanks for feedback.

HELP

WHAT IS THIS SONG/TRACK CALLED

Some ambient thing?

voca.ro/127xK1uquoqc

bro wanna collab
vocaroo.com/1mniIxAFF5y9

Posted here a while ago and an user said it felt samey and my rhythm was lacking. I already had the idea for the bass riff in the latter section more or less, but I wonder if that was enough? I have the idea for a couple of latter sections with a couple of similar bass riffs so if I'm going to rewrite it should be nowish.
Also I tried to tighten my playing a bit, I think I did but not by much.
vocaroo.com/1eWEk7p1VxxV

Attached: 8ee55e2c9fe8e224ece74d3be349aa3b.jpg (1332x2677, 2.48M)

vocaroo.com/1d0XKuLOQCA3

The rhythm is getting better, but it could still use some work. I'd recommend practicing to a metronome if you aren't already.
I don't think it's too samey. Maybe approaching samey-ness, but it's not there.
You might be overdoing it with the grace notes on the bass, and I feel like if you're going to use a grace note like that, the note you're going into should be more accented. I'm not sure about the bluesy riff at 1:39. Feels a little out of place, but you might be able to make it work.
Are you planning to arrange it for other instruments?

I kind of have an idea of it as solo piano but that's just what I'm good at. My guitar playing is a little deficiency with anything too complex unless I practice like hell. But I think some parts of it would work better with an electric bass. At least for now it's meant to be a solo piano since it's kind of for someone and that has a special meaning.

vocaroo.com/1c3Jn2XrjAFm

I think it fits piano, I just wasn't sure what you were planning on.
The left hand part you added toward the end should probably be louder. Sounds kind of timid as it is.