Attached: neely.jpg (900x900, 63.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oybU09RQUTs
youtu.be/fduv3nF-kFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yung Musk

100% there is
Any other answer is coping/disingenuous

Yes. And it's presence reveals equality as a feel-good lie.
youtu.be/oybU09RQUTs

Proof that years of schooling and training can't cure non-musical talent

Yes. There seems to be other factors besides technical ability in terms of writing appealing music though.

While Neely and Collier are certainly skilled and knowledgeable, their music is lacking a certain touch and pop sensibility that less theoretical minded people like a Cobain or Mccartney managed to capture despite their limitations in music theory knowledge. They barely knew any theory yet wrote songs that resonate with people far more than anything these youtubers will write, so theres some additional skill there theyre missing.

Even 15 years ago, he was still much better at bass than most.
youtu.be/fduv3nF-kFA
I think I heard Collier has autism and I wouldn't be surprised if Neely did as well. This "encyclopedic" and "I dont really get it though" type of musical talent would make sense as an expression of fixation on music as an obsessive interest, but having different kinds of emotions and less of a social experience. This could lead to the development of quirks (i.e "I like quartal and quintal harmony and mathcore, so I will combine them, and I dont care if it sells a single copy because this is what I want to make") and knowledge and the devaluation of socially-oriented and sociosexually oriented kinds of music, such as pop and edm, respectively. A more P.C and perhaps more accurate way to see this would be more thought-oriented and more emotion-oriented artists. Either way I think the "skill" is largely being normal and liking what normal people like and feeling the way they feel.

In other words, they're dorks.

these kinds of videos usually piss me off but that was genuinely heart-warming

Yeah.

Talent is just a mindset, if you don't care to achieve something in particular regarding music then you won't do it no matter how much you could succeed if you cared.

No talent is your potential, but you need that mindset described in order to make use of it. My younger brother at age 10 could listen to some music and repeat it on piano almost perfectly, without needing the key. He didn't have to train that, it's his innate ability.

Yes, but it isn't the same as genius. There's a world of difference between being able to play technically complex music and make great music.

Isn't that just songwriting talent then, vs. technical talent? Maybe you're right that genius is a special trait that only guys like Brian Wilson have, an ability to create transcendent works.

Yeah, he can twinkle the keys good. But could he write Visions of Johanna? Could he write Yesterday? Could he write Got Your Money? Probably not, because he only knows how to play the notes on the page and not how to express his emotions through original pieces.

Mozart was already composing pieces by his age. If he isn't doing the same, then I can't imagine him becoming anything more than an outstanding musician. That's not a bad thing to be.

McCartney knew about música theory and so did Cobain (but he didn't use it as much).

that child is just a robot

yes but those people need to train as well, just not as much.

Not really.

No

Some people have an advantage but it comes down to working at it.
Can you be talented at hearing. No
Can you learn to hear better. Yes
Passion and desire are more important