Black Midi hype thread & Ally Pally bootleg

twitter.com/98_sef/status/1488640730843291652

I'm so fucking hyped. I'm so fucking hyped, you guys. These bozos are the real deal. Real fucking deal. TBE.

mega.nz/folder/LpxgCYZJ#9hfRy2PYtHhekhirKSv7VQ

Here's my audio recordings from Ally Pally last November including all the new songs played. Only phone recordings, apologies for the quality and my autistic screeching at the beginning and ending of every song, I'd been to 7 gigs already that autumn and had totally lost my upper register. God I hope some soundboards have been recorded on this tour for posterity.

Attached: cover.png (1073x1073, 796.73K)

bump

>1 poster
trust fund kiddo shitheads cunts

Attached: bcnr.jpg (1200x900, 154.48K)

Hell yeah, thanks OP!

Attached: 1378925544451.jpg (640x480, 46.72K)

bump

so singles (in order) will be :
"Welcome to Hell", "Chefs"/"Eat, Men, Eat"/"Flamenco", and "Faster Amaranta"

God, I'm so fucking hyped. Hellfire is going to blow both Schlagenheim and Cavalcade out of the water

Circus, The Defence, and 27 Q are excellent based on bootlegs.

Don't forget Lumps

>In the boardroom, fish-fingers shake hands with the top-flight men
>Check your balls for lumps and such once they've left
>What's that itch? Is that new? Is that working as it's supposed to?
>Am I alive? Is she sleeping with her eyes open?
>There's a place for your briefcase, but watch out for the wandering hands...
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALK UP

every single song is excellent based on bootlegs

what's the tweet supposed to mean/who is it

seth evans is the keyboard player who tours live with black midi and records with them in the studio. it's implied to be LP3

i still like the band and think their stuff is good, but boy do i miss their original post punk type sound before they went full prog. i feel like geordie wanted to stray away from punky stuff once they got rid of matt

I agree
I like their new sound but it also happens to sound like everything else I listen to

The first album felt more barebones in a way and Matt's minimalist guitar lines were a much larger part of that than one might realize

Attached: 1642029247118.gif (220x220, 904.94K)

Nice bootleg, thanks for posting it!

for me it's The Defense
>A brothel is a business no different than a bank
>It’s safe and it’s formal, and sanitary
>My girls are destined for hell, or so says our priest
>But find me a Christian who spends as much time on their knees

>Closer to god, they honour his glory
>In the best way, everyday

>Without my aid, they'd be in chains
>Or disembowelled in a backstreet lane
>I'll stop selling when you stop buyin'
>'Til the end of time you can hear them cryin'

I don't know what the fuck this concept album is meant to be about but it sure seems to be one. And it's going to be kino.

I'm sure they'll change style yet again once they perfect their current sound, and it's not like there aren't any heavy riffs in these new songs, it seems like the prog-metal element is what's consistent between their two styles so far and it's the 90s alt rock influence from Schlagenheim that isn't preent on Cavalcade

bump

Considering Schlagenheim was a 0 and Cavalcade was a 0.5, this one will be a 1/10 and theyll only be about 18 albums away from finally making a 10/10

This band is Shellac for wignats

bump

I like both, user.

Overcomplicated wankery by rich kids, for rich kids. An honest disappointment based on how much they were hyped up before I got the chance to listen.