Metalfag here (yes, I know you all hate me). How do I get back into metal? I lost interest in it over the few months

Metalfag here (yes, I know you all hate me). How do I get back into metal? I lost interest in it over the few months.

Attached: venom-black-metal.jpg (500x500, 100.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xgfa5UlZAL8
youtube.com/watch?v=AdD4xAGsHts
youtu.be/AHSAWdaNqaE
youtu.be/jCwO5q3f25E
youtu.be/KFPMHG11abM
youtu.be/fliA5Hr8PeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just be yourself bro

listen to it

youtu.be/xgfa5UlZAL8

By listening to more metal until you find something you like? How do you expect us to know you well enough to know what you've listened to already, what you like, and how you'd like to get back into a genre? Did you want us to interview you until we got a complete picture of you so we can best recommend how to get you back into the genre?

lol
yeah the first step of doing something is doing it

>I lost interest in it
Why?

I'm guessing you lost interest because it began to bore you, right?
The thing to do, if you want to no longer be bored with it, is to venture outside whatever comfort zone developed... try different subgenres, languages, vocal styles, themes, whatever peaks your interest again.
Eventually you'll have a large enough repertoire that whenever you become bored with something, you can just switch to something else for the time being.

I never liked atmospheric black metal
Because I've listened to mostly metal since I was a kid and recently I've been listening to other shit more. It concerns me.

What specific subgenres/styles?

Here's your solution.
youtube.com/watch?v=AdD4xAGsHts

youtu.be/AHSAWdaNqaE

Listen to Exodus' demo tape to clear your palate

>mostly metal since I was a kid and recently I've been listening to other shit more
It's called growing up, user. I'm proud of you.

this but the Metallica No Life Til Leather demo

youtu.be/jCwO5q3f25E

>I never liked atmospheric black metal
There's your problem!

I like heavy, thrash, black, death, doom.
Recently been listening to rock, industrial, electronic, even folk shit. Not neofolk or the stuff Any Forums ever talks about though.

So you probably listened to pop metal, want to get into the extreme stuff and you got filtered. Just don't bother.

Yeah but it's not "atmospheric" to me. There's tons of other metal (even first wave bm) that evoke an atmosphere in my opinion.

>it's not "atmospheric" to me
Even stuff like Gnaw Their Tongues?

Most atmospheric sounds like shit but there's some good stuff. I don't know if you've heard Weakling for instance, although you might not like it from what I'm seeing

Folk is damn good, that is the basis for the best metal!
Genre deviation is absolutely normal, getting stuck on one genre too long is how you end up like one of the dumbasses here that can't shut up about their one favorite band.
My best suggestion is to lean into the non-metal stuff and return to metal when that gets boring.

youtu.be/KFPMHG11abM
youtu.be/fliA5Hr8PeA

So what are you looking for? Something new? Nothing new after fas by dso came out. If you havent heard obscura by gorguts just listen to that. Something heavy? Try primitive man or early swans. You want something dirty? Power remains by amebix. Maybe you just need to look outside of metal as there is rarely anything unique going on beyond black metal.