This is the first interesting development in rock in at least 4 years

This is the first interesting development in rock in at least 4 years.
>B-but they suck.
I don't care, the decisiveness is far better then the boring nothingness of everything else.

Attached: a3253300793_16.jpg (700x700, 191.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wnp9BttSJXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not interesting, not a development, boring
>decisiveness
wrong word

it is boring though

Math Rock for betas.

Here's some actual high T rock. Also part of the reason I can't take Black Midi seriously.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wnp9BttSJXk

22 years old. Dinosaur music.

still better than most math rock, including calvacade of course

Yeah new things are bad. But at least they're new.

new doesn't mean actually new, interesting, or good for that matter

Attached: 1643386411969.png (563x556, 601.63K)

Black Midi is really good. Two solid albums. People only hate them by association because of BCNR and Squid, which actually do cringe things.

One of the best live shows you can possibly attend in the current era.

It's a good album, I really like them but there's nothing in this album that hasn't been done before
If you posted Polvo or U.S. Maple, I would almost agree with you
They were going to play in my country in march (or april?) 2020 but then corona hit and it was cancelled. Sucks because i don't think they'll come here anytime soon

>It's a good album, I really like them but there's nothing in this album that hasn't been done before
I wish everyone was as rational as you, this is the absolute truth

Ok. Schlagenheim was really fucking good for a noise-rock post-punk guitar-focused album. They're obviously great musicians, and they have amazing chemistry which shows in their music and live performances.
However, Cavalcade suffered from.. bad production choices and very outlandish ideas. I think the end result was amazing, but it definitely could've been more refined. Still a good album.
But holy fuck. Listen to the live bootlegs of their 3rd album's unreleased tracks. this next album will be legit 10/10 steely dan-ish blues-rock prog.

Attached: greep.jpg (1242x1412, 57.87K)

This music is silly

>Listen to the live bootlegs
where do I look?

WTF is interesting about it lol. Like they were trying to pastiche Scott Walker and King Crimson with very boring results

This is true they cut their set short and played an hour on the dot with no encore but it was amazing

people used t say the same shit about battles now no one talks about the

But rock as a whole is not interesting anymore
It just doesn't cut it

yoshida tatsuya projects>black midi

Reminder that there's an audio dropout on Ascending Forth and an incorrect mix of Chondro was used, on both the CD and digital releases
I've got both fixed + Intro/John L mixed together as they appear on the vinyl, in my soulseek shares - current username Rrobynne Mk. II

got a bunch of other shares from this scene along with other unrelated rarities, a lot of which I'm the first person to have uploaded anywhere online

always lossless where such a source exists, + no hoarding bullshit

lmk if you can find a verified lossless rip of Psycho Killer and/or the BCNR live bonus track from Japanese FTFT CD, they're the only things I haven't got yet, think a lot of the Psycho Killer flacs floating around currently are transcodes from the same mp3 source

black midi don't really ever do encores

seconding all of this, the new lineup have really settled in now

People just hate math rock because of the kind of people that make it. Otherwise its decent music