As if Time Skiffs isn't enough news about Animal Collective - they have an entirely different LP already planned to...

As if Time Skiffs isn't enough news about Animal Collective - they have an entirely different LP already planned to record sometime this summer. They've been touring some of these songs since 2019 along with the Time Skiffs stuff.

For anyone who hasn't heard this yet - this is a compilation of some of the songs. These songs (plus some others) will be included on a separate LP coming out probably next year or the year after. They've been touring them since 2018 or 2019 and supposedly planned to go into the studio to record this summer.

>Animal Collective - Sea of Light (Potential Time Skiffs 2)
youtube.com/watch?v=nDAxXKA7d9Y

It includes the infinitely hyped Defeat (A Not Suite). Track list below followed by other tracks that could potentially be on what's tentatively referred to as "Time Skiffs 2"

Magicians From Baltimore
Gem and I
Stride Rite (another Deakin banger)
Broke Zodiac
Defeat
Genie's Open

Missing tracks we've heard from their tour since 2018 -
What's On The Road? It's Shining
Tri-kid
Peanut Butter Hearts
A Spider Bit My Lady
Soul Capturer
King's Walk

Some of the above can be heard from the Music Box Village set.
youtube.com/watch?v=SmXOq6c9sP8

So many fucking great songs this era and to know they're already planning another LP after Time Skiffs including many of these songs is exciting

Attached: cover.jpg (1200x1200, 563.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/file/pt1WSCLB#zw3GBbCC9h5-XA-Fu4qEC1CjFLRIdnvX2vh5fUqkASU
youtube.com/watch?v=kwOCFL8YZo0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i know it’s been said before and i’ll say it again, i can NOT fucking wait for defeat

it will be the only thing to top safer as their magnum opus. imagine if they never release a studio version...

apparently deakin hinted that these tracks are already recorded and some on CA are saying its been confirmed by someone who did some digging.

For those wondering: there's still no CDQ leak.

True. Here's what I have. It's the vinyl rip that was split and boosted.
mega.nz/file/pt1WSCLB#zw3GBbCC9h5-XA-Fu4qEC1CjFLRIdnvX2vh5fUqkASU

god damn genies open at 51:27 is unlike anything else they've ever done what a jam

Attached: 1639749113035.png (860x767, 182.24K)

The reason why the BCNR leaked in high quality first is because the download code that came with their vinyl works whereas the Time Skiffs vinyl came with blank download cards for whatever reason. We'll likely be waiting till Friday, unfortunately.

Smart desu

Didn't they already start recording some of these songs back in December? I thought I heard that rumor

I'm overjoyed they took that awful harpsichord out of Defeat. It completely tarnished that 2019 version
The best version will still be the original Music Box Village tho
youtube.com/watch?v=kwOCFL8YZo0

Prester John is such a godly song I don't think it can be topped
Car Keys is great too. Currently just finishing track 3.

Attached: 1604252979492.jpg (335x434, 73.72K)

Rumour has it that it's been recorded already, or at least partially. They booked some recording time at a studio in Brooklyn back in December.
Here's hoping we don't have to hold out for another year or longer, I legit cannot wait that long, It's too exciting.
Anyway, what's our prediction/hope for the tracklist? Here's mine:

1. King's Walk
2. Gem and I
3. Magicians From Baltimore
4. Stride Rite
5. New song/PBH/Sundown With Cecil
6. Genie's Open
7. Defeat
8. Broke Zodiac
9. Soul Capturer

It's gonna be so good bros...

defeat better sound like it did at the music box and not ruined by pandas stupid eurofag house trash

2018 is peak for the horn section but god I loved the 2021 and blast version of defeat i really want to hear it live
I think PBH will be a deakin solo album 2 song and i think i heard sea of light could be on this next album

I like walker now that ive listened to the album, hated it when it came out

Sea of Light is now Genie's Open, not sure about the name change but god I hope it's on the new one. The second half is transcendental; reminds me of Spirit.

I know everybody is hype for Defeat, I get it, but I think Magicians of Baltimore is one of the best and coolest songs they’ve ever done in general. I can’t believe how fucking good it is, I was crushed when I found out it wasn’t going to be on TS. When the second movement starts with that fucking JUMMMM JUMMM DA-NA, DA-NA I lose my shit every time

This is cool but I really like the 2021 Hazel Robinson Theater version you can listen to on CA. They slowed it way down and added some beautiful vocal harmonies

This.
I get fucking shivers and goosebumps when deaks vocals come in during the magnolia part. and the last section that sounds like the grateful dead but better is just pure bliss