Why are there no true rock stars anymore?

Attached: 5515F579-4F2B-4BA3-9A58-354C4399875A.jpg (2516x1714, 1.09M)

stop it already zoomer go fuck yourself stop obsessing over kurt cobain and get a fucking job

dude i’m 35

I'm already a trans activist BIPOC sex worker, and I will not tolerate any bullshit oppressive language in this thread about mother Kurt. Thank you.

i wish i could save her in some sort of time machine

Attached: 1621226434561.jpg (370x640, 59.88K)

death of mtv/ cable tv killed rock stars

nothing ever happens

Attached: C655DF8C-B93F-4420-BA6B-55D6B1594934.jpg (298x301, 22.45K)

Justin Beiber is the only rock star we have if you think about it

Well because in order to fit the rockstar archetype you need to have the correct personality and image
Every young musician now is an SSRI-addled sickly weird looking fucker

Same reason there are no more big name movie stars. No one fucking cares. I'll leave it up to you decide if that's good or bad.

do you think it’s because there’s too many options for entertainment these days?

If you think about it

not that user but these are old art forms and basically relics of the 20th century that still exist but the golden age is completely over

Attached: lil-peep-tributes_ve1bk9.jpg (750x1125, 93.05K)

because there's no culture. with the internet everyone can exist in their own schizoid bubble where you only see what you want to see. it's a very solipsistic way to live, but it's comfortable

yeah no

How are you going to have rockstars when one allegation from a mentally ill woman can end your career instantly?

Just because you refuse to accept it doesn't mean it's not true

I honestly think it's because with the internet pointing out that Idols are not real and everyone has their flaws, those being much easier to hide pre-2000s. Just look at all the bullshit that's put out on twitter ever day by "famous" people. It's annoying and covid has only made it worse with celebrities virtue signalling about how "we're in this together" while living in giant compounds. And people are seeing this and realizing how stupid celebrity worship is. I hope it gets worse and anyone with any sort of clout get's told to shut up immediately in the future.

But that is my opinion.

Correct !

Justine Bibber does not make rock music. He is a pop star.
Rock music has become 90% a "nostalgia throwback" novelty in recent years. Even music that is currently coming out.
1. Music gradually became SUPER accessible compared to around 20-30 years ago, and almost anyone can listen to anything they want for free without needing to physically go to concerts or buy entire albums. Hard to make it big let alone gain a cult following when you're just another title in a playlist of several hundreds of different artists in dozens of genres to choose from.
2. Rise of quantization and autotune made music production easier, cheaper and simpler. Labels pushing their rappers and pop singers only added to this affect because they could keep churning out billboard hit after billboard hit based off of whatever hip trend was popular at the time they followed, and didn't need to hire as many talented people. Also, fans have become a lot more shallow in what they'll listen to, even accepting crap so long as it makes for good party music.
3. Most people are already more-or-less desensitized to sick guitar solos and other similar things. Not much is going to impress many of us anymore when we already know about almost every star guitarist from the 30s-50s to Hendrix to Van Halen and further beyond. Chances are, it's already been done by someone popular, back when the innovation was new and blew everyone away. It can only be original once in most cases.

tl;dr, Almost everything that's actually cool was already done before, technology made lots of us lazy and/or dependent, and people are just getting bored now while labels and companies eternally don't give two shits about anything except the money.
That's my take.

Attached: big_guy_airlines_loyalty_program.jpg (1018x518, 47K)