Let's play a game

State the most controversial opinion you genuinely hold. The person who gets call a contrarian the most wins.
I'll start
Pink music sucks balls and the band being poor or authentic doesn't change a thing.

Attached: 1641863750884.jpg (2301x1834, 704.61K)

if you meant Punk, based af

post-punk is patrician and thats reflected in the image. punk rock itself is confrontational but regressive in overall approach.

also just realized I haven't seen people on Any Forums or shoegaze/noise rock/ambient groups say "patrician" as much over the past couple years

hampus was a fucking retard

Yeah I did mean punk. Sorry for the misspelling I didn't notice it.

Hampus was great, I miss him a lot.

That's because Any Forums is full of tasteless newfag plebs from Any Forums these days.

true. I've noticed that trend as well

Punk rock wants to be rooted in iconoclasm and nonconformity. Simultaneously punks are obsessed with what is and what is not "punk rock" and the perception of authenticity to such a degree that any nonconformity is quickly labeled not punk. observe the contradiction that is the conservative punk (I don't believe you need to carry some specific set of political beliefs to be a punk, however I do believe a conservative world view is diametrically opposed to supposed punk "values") , and realize that they fit into their scene like a glove. That such a punk exists makes the spinelessness and meaninglessness of "punk rock" self evident. 0/10 genre for angry losers.

Dummy by Portishead is way overrated and I heavily dislike it. The fantastic production is totally ruined by Beth Gibbons' singing and lyrics. She is actually a fine lyricist and vocalist but they absolutely do not suit the instrumentals and completely ruin the album for me.

Any Forums hates that image because its true.

I 100% agree. I always detested how punk wanted to go back to 50s/early 60s rock and roll whereas post-punk, synthpop, and new wave tried to create something new while mining bits and pieces from the past. Not to get too political, but look at how many punks supported Trump, and you can tell for which punks, punk rock was just a vapid vehicle for aggression and being offensive for offense's sake. Trump seemed new and such a break from every politician in the past, but what he was arguing for was ultimately conformist and conservative, not speaking truth to ALL power, but just against some people, and never talking shit about certain subjects

black hole sun is the worst 90s rock song that gets radio play
brostep was simultaneously the most innovative, engaging, and palatable electronic music genre of all time before disgusting ape genres like trap and riddim gave it aids and killed it
animal collective fucking sucks outside of centipede hz which is a masterpiece
limp bizkit is one of the greatest bands of all time and hosts the best guitarist and sound design in all of rock's subgenres
every single Any Forumscore album is vastly inferior to another album in the same band's discography
ska is the worst genre ever made
every album can be improved with the addition of distorted gabber kicks
the only valuable thing swans has ever shit out is my father will guide me up a rope to the sky
for the most part, guitar solos ruin songs
if your band has a rhythm guitarist they most likely have a shit rhythm section
not a single person with a vocal range over 5 octaves actually has a nice voice
lateralus is the weakest tool album, complete meandering horseshit with no interesting riffs or licks or textures for most of its duration

Attached: 1643747760571.png (784x588, 843.62K)

Fucking contrarian. That's the best music trip hop and by extension hip hop has to offer!

I mean to this day, I still haven't listened to the early Ramones discography because the surviving members say the cringiest fucking "street-tough" shit that does not interest me, I'd rather listen to the Chameleons or Magazine

Grunge sucks. Nirvana were ironically the only good band to come out of that Seattle scene. Pearl Jam was just Led Zeppelin worship chancing on the recent trend, which is why they moved quickly out of that sound. And Soundgarden is just a hair metal band, barely grunge. These bands are not alike. Nirvana were more indebted to punk rock/noise rock and it shows

Lee Morgan is the greatest jazz musician ever and his discography easily beats that of mingus, coltrane and davis

>State the most controversial opinion you genuinely hold.
I genuinely like most music. I have listened to around 6000 albums of various genres and only really disliked a few

AG Cook is great and has done more for pop in the last 8 years than kanye has done for music as a whole in that time period. Cook gets shit on because he is set on popularization rather than originality and because he works with many non-binary/trans artists or whatever. Idgaf about the latter btw, i don't even wan't to take part in that stupid discussion.

Southeast Eurasian classical is superior to northwestern Eurasian classical.

You're so close to understanding that grunge was never a thing to begin with that it hurts. Also: your position on PNW rock music is very, very common, in no way at all controversial. Most people never liked it, even when it was current.

Attached: Hype!.jpg (1000x1408, 116.77K)