What makes Pearl Jam so divisive? Is it just Vedders voice?

What makes Pearl Jam so divisive? Is it just Vedders voice?

Attached: Pearl-Jam-Vs-1993-Promotional-Flat_1567282473_3236.jpg (300x300, 30.3K)

Nickelback and creed

nothing, they are just as bad as all the other grunge bands

This, and also, yeah, his yarling is fucking terrible, and has unfortunately proven to be the most influential aspect of PJ's music: literally, during the nu metal fad of the early 00s, 80% of the most popular mainstream rock bands in the west featured a vocalist who tried to imitate eddie vedder (and scott weiland).

>im hungryyyyyyyyy
nigga just eat something lmao

lol

just go outside

Attached: Screenshot (2).png (1366x1134, 713.18K)

IT’S. MY. BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Attached: AD571CE4-63AB-4DAA-91D9-2BD957CB130E.jpg (1054x703, 99.82K)

It's their general tameness that disgusts

t. only listened to the singles from Ten

That describes most of Pearl Jam's critics actually. Maybe because the band self-sabotaged after that and didn't make any music videos, I don't know. Vitalogy takes more risks than 95% of 90s alt rock

they're just not very good

>for years i thought that cumbersome song was a pearl jam song

Attached: 1642859047171.jpg (448x595, 27.97K)

Hackey sack on the quad, kind bud and those felt top hats.

Attached: ecd5e9e3976913d47148c956bb7e139e[1].jpg (570x570, 24.09K)

this, grunge=shit

They got better when Eddie took up guitars. He gave them more of a garage feel than the arena rock stuff of Ten.

Okay yeah I get Vedder's voice can easily filter a lot of people but why the fuck everyone pretend he does that all the time? After Vitalogy he barely keeps doing it in most of the songs
Plus it's not like if the rest of buttrock bands wouldn't ripped off either Cobain (Lifehouse, Puddle of Mudd, Godsmack) or Staley (Staind, Seether, Breaking Benjamin)

They're good. Vitalogy is a great album. Kurt Cobain dismissed them because he was a try-hard and people went along with it. I think even he'd grow to appreciate them if he'd live. And yeah they had a lot of shitty imitators but that's the norm for any band who achieves that level of success.

Also,
Nirvana > Smashing Pumpkins > Hole > Pearl Jam > Soundgarden > Alice in Chains > Stone Temple Pilots > Foo Fighters

>Vitalogy is a great album
I keep coming back to it after all these years. It's really underrated

>He gave them more of a garage feel than the arena rock stuff of Ten.
That's when they stopped making 10/10 albums like Ten and Vs and instead made 7/10 albums.

>Hole
As a grunge connoisseur, Pretty on the Inside is fucking trash. Pure fucking shit.

He already started playing on Vitalogy. You already see a few anons above who love it. Although I like Yield because it's kind of a mix of better parts of their anthemic and garage sound.

Live Through This more than makes up for it.

>Nirvana > Smashing Pumpkins > Hole > Pearl Jam > Soundgarden > Alice in Chains > Stone Temple Pilots > Foo Fighters
No you asshole is actually this
Smashing Pumpkins > Soundgarden > Pearl Jam > Mudhoney > Alice in Chains > Melvins > Nirvana > Stone Temple Pilots > Foo Fighters > Hole