What are other examples of great musicians who can only make terrible music?

What are other examples of great musicians who can only make terrible music?

Attached: johnM.jpg (1200x1200, 128.5K)

Dave Grohl whenever he isn't behind a drum kit

Eric Clapton. The greatest guitarist of all time but has only made the blandest rock

Charlie Puth.

One of the most talented musicians I ever heard and he writes typical poppy trash.

Zappa

Jacob Collier

Tim Henson

Sob Rock is kino

Best example in the thread
I love pop music but if he isn't just producing his music sounds so so generic

I hate Polyphia, I'm okay with music not focusing on a groove but Jesus, you need to have SOME groove. Someone needs to tell those retards that noises don't equal music

polyphia is just if chon were cringe soulless social media musicians

Rivers Cuomo
Great pop songwriter in terms of technical ability and knowledge, but writes meme trash

Best example. His knowledge is absolutely insane and his passion, love, and talent for music seem immense from what i've seem but his music is so bland

>chon
Peak onions music

make believe sucked even rick couldn't make the turd shine on that record, jesus fucking christ man...

Reminds me of two more names for this thread.

Tosin Abasi and Yvette Young.
Soulless nu-wanking.

I think John Mayer is the other way around, he's a really mediocre guitarist but knows his limits and thus can make something good or at least something that is distinctly his sound

Prince

many would sell their souls for one of his hits.

Best example. I keep saying this guy could have a been a goat session guitarist, a sort of modern Billy Preston.
But someone told him he could sing and write songs. His singing style is just grating and his songwriting boring and uninspired. Based guitar player though plus he's hot as fuck.
Poor taste
Good picks

This guys is greT guitarist, but a terrible artist. This guy just doesn't have a sense of style. He tried to pick up drawing he would probably paint guitars in landscapes

How the fuck is john mayer a bad guitarist in anyway? I mean this guy suck ass at music but he knows his fretboard better than I know myself

Devin Townsend

Your body is a w*nderland