Thoughts on godspeed you! black emperor

thoughts on godspeed you! black emperor

Attached: 159614-Godspeed_You_Black_Emperor-F-sharp-A-sharp-Infinity.jpg (1920x1080, 212.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JbxFEljPOcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Glorified butt rock

Donnies who are clearly out of their element.

the film > the band

6deep8me

Attached: Godsneed.png (500x500, 153.6K)

they have some great albums. seems that anything from that time period is universally hated at the moment. give it ten years

>I walked up to the god damn judge and I hand him my 25 dollars and I says "Here's my money, now I am leaving."
Does this work?

yanqui uxo is their best album

>seems that anything from that time period is universally hated at the moment
I think this is due to the sheer number of copycat bands they spawned. But honestly anyone who scoffs at GYBE for this is not intellectually honest.

yanqui uxo is their only good album

Except it isn't. It's their most mature tho.

It's just contrarian. Godspeed used to be hard Any Forums-core and lift your skinny fists was a darling that was near-universally loved

Since the kpop and trap threads have invaded and it's uncool now to actually discuss music, everyone here hates music with any artistic merit at face value. this is a coom board now

overrated and mid

That's absolutely untrue. F#A# Infinity, Allelujah Don't Bend Ascend, and Lift Your Skinny Fists are great albums.

user is just being a contrarian asshole. don't mind him.

They're pretty good. Lift yr skinny fists is overrated and F#A# is the best thing they ever did

I think they're very nice. Which once wasn't a hot take at all.

If you just can't get enough GY!BE have this: youtu.be/JbxFEljPOcE
From 32:05 is my favorite part. Sounds better if you don't skip the previous 32 minutes tho

They’re absolutely outstanding live. Mike is cool and relatable, Rachel is sweet, and effrim is a standoffish prick.

cool name, shit band.

I think the cars on fire...

self-important aesthetically dishonest nonsense

agreed, easily one of the best live shows I ever went to (even though they started hours late and played for literally 3+ hours, RIP my feet)

I thought they were the peak of music some years ago
thank god I listened to more music

wait until you come back around, zoomer

I like one of their songs, but I didn’t listen to them much after that. Aren’t they self-proclaimed anarchists? That’s not very cool, and definitely not very Canadian.