It's so much harder to make it as a musician now (actual musician not laptop sound maker) because all the good songs...

It's so much harder to make it as a musician now (actual musician not laptop sound maker) because all the good songs have already been written and everybody can access the entire catalog of the history of music in like 5 seconds

Imagine being Ritchie Blackmore in 1970 and being like 0-3-5-6-5. That's not hard or even that creative, just nobody did it yet. Whereas now you actually have to come up with interesting stuff that also doesn't sound the prior 50 years of music

Attached: 160927210830-tk-ah0927.jpg (2112x1664, 266.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JmCYx415LZQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0KVHjsxc4
vocaroo.com/1hoohRcRfkom
vocaroo.com/1a3VHJYJLb7i
vocaroo.com/1lS9x2SMiIxP
vocaroo.com/1fXlkPhjJu3W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All the good songs haven’t been written, that’s a cop out used by people who cannot think originally.

it's much harder to write a good song now

extreme cope

ok post a good song you wrote

I could, but I won't. Stop rationalizing your lack of creativity and get to writing

ive written a lot of songs. ill post one if you do

the only reason you should be making music is as an outlet for something you feel needs to be put out into this world (capturing an emotion, an atmosphere, a story, etc). if you make it catchy or not is on your end

I wrote the first reply to your thread. I really like this song I wrote, it’s been covered by a few people I know including my old guitar teacher here.

youtu.be/JmCYx415LZQ

Aight post one then
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0KVHjsxc4
I think it’s good but then again it could be SHITE

im not the best singer but here's two:
vocaroo.com/1hoohRcRfkom
vocaroo.com/1a3VHJYJLb7i

First one is decent my man, maybe a bit generic Oasis or The Bends era Radiohead. Your voice isn't bad, place it more forward in the mix since it's kind of low and hard to follow. (singing lessons and warming up will help you get more consistent tone). I can tell you're writing in the style of the music you listen to, I think you need to break out or try and experiment outside of it, bring different elements into your writing. Right now it's very by the books of that style and you do it right, but you could expand your language. It's good, like a nice Radiohead B-side

Recording-wise on the second track same thing, make the voice stand out more, I can barely tell what you're saying. I like the chorus. Again everything is very by-the-book

I've been trying to write in that style in terms of vocals just like simple kinda pop-rock songs I guess.

A lot of my music only stuff is different but that's usually what I end up writing when I try to write something with vocals. Anyway here's a couple more.
vocaroo.com/1lS9x2SMiIxP
vocaroo.com/1fXlkPhjJu3W

>All the good songs haven’t been written
Yes, they have, objectively, quantifiably, algorithmically, they have; it is impossible now to generate any new content organically without almost instantly being compared not only to your own influences but competition from around the entire globalized world and like 100 years worth of recorded and digitized musical history. Do you have any idea how socially and artistically unprecedented and batshit fucking insane this state of affairs is?

And your solution to this complex problem that lies at the intersection of musical originality, technocracy, and globalism is just for people to write more shitty irrelevant Dylanesque acoustic guitar folk ballads LMFAO.

What are you even doing here you boomer-brained retard?

Attached: unused scripts.jpg (400x400, 30.62K)

I’ve written music that has brought pleasure to myself and emotionally resonated with others. If you think that’s a worthless endeavour you’re the retard here.

This

This is a sweet song m8.

I actually really like both of these, you have a bandcamp or sm?

No, this

not really. these are just personal demos