Anyone else love Slint and hate this?

Attached: 3501814A-008D-43E2-B539-EC8F57ABCCDF.jpg (554x554, 30.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mz6TM8ckrbM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes. the slint comparisons are tired anyway

Their pre-debut material was so much better. Never has a band nerfed themselves so hard so quickly.

love both. also album versions are better than pre

Attached: 1641165016545.png (470x584, 501.51K)

Love both and same, the production on the album is so much better. Although sunglasses has a better intro before.

Attached: 1612306388004.jpg (1000x1000, 635.82K)

Agreed that both are wonderful. Athens is definitely their Slint-iest, but the album version is such an improvement over the single.

Glad to see that this latest crop of UK bands are eager to avoid the old '00s indie mistake of rehashing the same sound ad infinitum. I'm genuinely thinking that AFUT is genuinely going to be a landmark release for this decade given the ludicrous strength of the singles.

Spiderland is still on top though, unimpeachable record.

Yeah my record store let me buy AFUT early yesterday, you won't be disappointed...

Thought the album was a bit cringe at first, that lyricism come on, talking about the glow up and kanye west. But i get its somewhat ironic and self deprecating purposely at times, very zoomery though no doubt. Black midi has 10x more talent then these guys but they've really grown on me a lot. That's right i made the comparison, they are contemporaries after all, but there's plenty of room for lots of bands of this post punk genre.

I am #1 slint fan I can play all of their songs on guitar I know every lyric by heart have both on cd. I would buy their merch if it didn't suck and spiderland is my favourite album of all time. But I hate black country new road so much they're literally just recency bias: the band. Slint has way better clones.

I hate both

You're insane people.

tired but true lol
weak argument. there are a lof of old music that are trash. nice try though

yes. it's probably because they don't actually sound anything like Slint. they also don't sound like they've ever experienced an actual emotion in their entire collective life.

If you don’t hate BRNC yet, watch this youtu.be/Mz6TM8ckrbM

I find this to be the key my friend. They either have not experienced real pain or are way too afraid and "ironic" to make an actual emotional song

slint sounded new, this is derivative alt trash made by and for upper class college students who like to roleplay as lower middle class

I agree, black midi is really good and bcnr by comparison feels a bit cringy, same with squid, I listen to both but I regularly feel like they're tryhard whereas black midi comes naturally and feels genuinely talented, plus they have more than one vocalist and they have different angles on the music. And the second black midi album is a good followup, not sure about the other two bands.

Attached: 2b6.png (680x1182, 374.36K)

drummer's an arsenal fan, dropped

Squid are just fine, I don't think they're trying to do anything the other bands are trying to do so it's a bit weird how they're lumped together as being part of the same scene
weird ketty dark-psych alt rock

thanks i understand clearly now. Brits have always excelled at hype. first it was their mercybeat, then their hard rock, then their NWBHM, then their brit pop ect. it's ok shite that only seems cooler because it's in your backyard. take a look at your own