/prod/ - music production general

Muscle Mommy Edition

Post what you're looking for in feedback. GIVE feedback to GET feedback.

Upload WIPs to Vocaroo (or any other ANONYMOUS file hosting site). You may NOT link to Soundclouds, Bandcamp - anything resembling self-promotion will be ignored.

Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials
pastebin.com/qtDwktHP

>/prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

Previous:

Attached: Dani Daniels.jpg (640x360, 38.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1fDrJjUspxdY
vocaroo.com/19M7VLl94mMF
youtu.be/TmPblJB9LzY?t=496
youtube.com/watch?v=7lBohhXmoLs
voca.ro/1baojvAENchC
vocaroo.com/15DweHHVhJOq
vimeo.com/147527929
voca.ro/16tDzHy6unrm
vocaroo.com/1noCyC4aJ6BK
vocaroo.com/16tDzHy6unrm
youtube.com/watch?v=b6rMN_BbKLk
yewtu.be/watch?v=R_0Y0ii0VdU
vocaroo.com/1g9leIxGBQq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kill yourself

>troon in the OP

Are you not gonna delete this?

Dani Daniels is genuinely one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

Ableton or Fl studio?
Ableton just looks so unintuitive

Fl seems to have more guides and tutorials

"give me your hand, user. let's turn the thread into a hellscape by discussing FL studio and Ableton"

Attached: artworks-000598893074-zochdr-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 52.39K)

bitwig

r8 my anime op (no vocals)

Attached: K-ON Volume_1_Yui.jpg (1200x1200, 530.54K)

vocaroo.com/1fDrJjUspxdY

>I'm just no longer gonna try to participate in these threads

I am no longer posting in solidarity with Demi

Attached: 1583547769800.png (540x302, 96.48K)

He never struck me as someone who would care about dedicating a thread to Sophie THAT much. It's starting to make me think that Demarcus was just a persona like Justice-friend and the finger-licker.

>like Justice-friend and the finger-licker
who?

???

This may come as a shock to people with stunted empathy but SOME PEOPLE actually care about OTHER PEOPLE and like THINGS and are affected by said people and things.
If you never noticed that about him you're either very casual or very shit at reading people.

vocaroo.com/19M7VLl94mMF
>indie pop

just looking for overall impressions of this mix, this song has been vetoed by the band but I would still like to finish it

short nigga but my dick tall

How about we just go back to the original prod general image? Or are you trannies racist as well?

Attached: tZUIO1J.jpg (220x218, 14.66K)

get this ugly tranny out of my sigh

What are you talking about?
Dani Daniels is genuinely one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

>vocaroo.com/19M7VLl94mMF

hope the vocalist is able to kick his valium addiction

mix sounds very good. senhiesser 280 pro's and over old fucking dusty sony hifi. sound mate

lol, I am on the vocals. obv the limp melody is the reason we are down on it. thanks for the feedback user

oo, sorry bud, be yourself and they'll find you

>demo project that ships with Logic X Pro is a fucking original Billie Eilish production with all the original vocal takes and whatnot
>Ableton demo project is some literally who making the equivalent of the "I'm acting!" meme except for electronic music

Why can't they ask a good musician to supply their song? It's literally the most famous, most used daw for electronic music production

>It's literally the most famous, most used daw for electronic music production

because they don't need gimmicks or endorsements to pull people in at this point you dork, you answered your own question

Including a Billie Eilish project in your DAW must cost a fucktonne of money and Logic's parent company has a couple more bucks than Ableton.

>Post what you're looking for in feedback
I just want a hug :(

why?

>Logic's parent company has a couple more bucks than Ableton
I think uh... Billie has some kind of relationship with Apple too..?? Weird

*hug* :3

thanks, I needed that

come here and hug me tight :)

Also noone has ever produced a hit using only Ableton stock plugins. Not because it's not possible but because Ableton users in my experience are usually also users pirated 3rd party plugins and sample packs. Like Arca admitted that he used to torrent all his shit when he started out.

Yea Billie Eilish is quite literally on apple's payroll, I mean they literally filmed the entire making of their first album 4-5 years back when she wasn't even that well known yet and later turned that into a documentary. She's basically an Apple asset

youtu.be/TmPblJB9LzY?t=496

I was on (the techno plebbit) once and the top post was a screenshot of some huge song that was just like 5 tracks of loops lol.
Not pop but like, people do it.

I *could* make music with only ableton plugins but i'd be annoyed as fuck....
Also I only ever remember Arca claiming to torrent samples.... iirc they said "cracked by russian teenagers" or something like that but never said plugins specifically.... which doesn't make sense obvs but their language is a little off sometimes lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=7lBohhXmoLs

based

IMO i see that as a win for Live. Logic has what seems to me like a forced celebrity endorsement while Ableton laid back and threw a dog a bone. their choice fuels the idea that anyone can make it and sorta turns buying a license into a lottery ticket of sorts.

But i could see the other side of it. If Eilish's producers (or herself - im unfamiliar with her) used Logic to make that project and it's an actual award-winning track it makes sense that people might flock to use what the pros do and dissect it as a model.

Yeah but at the end comes the most important part, without Pro L he can't get to 3 LUFS and then he's ruined completed

People hitting big numbers on lufs meters reminds me of counting notes per second on guitar solos when I was young lol

i'd rather have the ability to do it and choose not to than not even learn how and then post about how pointless it is though

I know it's besides the point but Skrillex production is literally a fucking joke. He just OTTs everything, then slams it all into limiters. I know he made a career out of it and clearly he's successful but I wouldn't want that as a teaching example inside a daw because it's actually incredibly bad practice overall.

to make brostep you need broduction techniques

if it were that simple there would be legions of producers making music and doing sound design just as good or better than him, which obviously isn't the case lol

It's like the producer equivalent of saying "Kurt Cobain was a hack! He just played power chords and yelled a lot!"

I mean like in terms of how he treats the sounds after they're made

Eh, learning to play the geetar real fast imprinted certain behaviours in my playing that took years to deprogram. Hitting ze big lufs numbers is relatively easy tho.

So mixing? Not production? The two overlap and that was a dumb thing to say either way

Big lufs are easy to hit but hard to make actually sound good

Nah, Demmy was just another aspect of the Shitposter who wanted to kill /prod/ so it could be reborn free of sin.

Which Ableton stock plugins are actually good though? I've never really used anything other than their compressor, eq8, saturator and drum bus. Like, is Ableton 11s new convolution reverb actually good?

I think a lot of people including me judge Ableton plugins by their appearance and they're just kind of unassuming, so I just used 3rd party Plugins for most things right from the start

Nah, I never got ESL vibes from D.

I vote we reenact late 2020.

Attached: 1605040442934 (1).png (1355x844, 987.78K)

Where's the shitposter from?

Italy.

one more reply to archiving this abomination

brehs why did SOPHIE jump

I use all of them regularly with the exception of channel EQ, EQ3 (sometimes for transitions), filter delay and looper.

Hybrid reverb is solid but it depends on the IR like any other convolution reverb if that's what you're using.
The original reverb and delay are somewhat mid but still completely usable

fuck off that's not the same guy

>fuck off that's not the same guy
sus

Wasn't there a tripfag from italy also?
Same guy?

No not mixing. Do you even know how heavily slamming shit into limiters and OTT Compression alters the sound?
Is the chorus you put on your synth mixing? No, it's production.

Anyway it's dumb to argue about. Just meant that Skrillex production is not exactly the best at showing off good practices

>sound good
Gonna make real solid, original, joke about this some day

Andy cytomic designed the filters for eq8 and autofilter as well as the glue compressor - they're all top notch. Eq3 is trash, never use it.

Chorus, phaser and redux are all cool and more usable after the redesign.

Saturator is copl, the tube saturator is cooler. Overdrive, vinyl distortion erosion are all okay in a pinch.

The amp and cab Sims are hot trash

Reverb is mediocre. Covo verb is w/e

The new effects are too gimmicky to be useful

The delays are aight

Yes. No, that was the joke; he's not the shitposter. He wouldn't do that to us.
I think he's the same guy who occasionally drop those we.share links when people ask for hard to find cracked VSTs.

okay it's best to just close the tab and walk away

just walk away

Isn't eq3 literally eq8 but with 3 bands? Or are you telling me it has different filter quality and stuff like that

>The amp and cab Sims are hot trash
I watched the seed to stage or whatever his name is video about the Ableton amps and cab Sims and honestly, if you set them up correctly they sound pretty good. Even the pedal is a good effects plugin to use on other sources cause it responds nicely to gain levels

>The new effects are too gimmicky to be useful
imagine

Different filter design I believe. T bh if you don't notice the diff is cool I'm just memeing. There really is no need to use it though.

I dunno man...

Imagine if they spent money hiring competent Devs to fix their broke ass daw instead

Go ahead and try.

>T bh if you don't notice the diff is cool I'm just memeing.
I mean I don't know if I would notice a difference, cause I never had a reason to grab that plugin and use it

voca.ro/1baojvAENchC

It's a good thing they added channel-eq tho... That was the missing piece in the eq line up.

Isn't that eq3
Tbh I don't even fucking know, I barely ever browse the list of stock stuff...

Nah, channel eq was new for live 10 I think. Not sure anyone understands why they added it.
Eq3 been around forever.

Attached: kek.jpg (173x188, 7.52K)

vocaroo.com/15DweHHVhJOq
is it okay?

Attached: sadlilpep.png (658x662, 44.15K)

no idea too afraid to listen

its okay i understand user

its nice :)

reminds me of lemmings

Pretty nice but I hate your image so fuck off

How does an individual create this sound?
vimeo.com/147527929
Especially the part at 3:11

>Pretty nice
thanks
>but I hate your image so fuck off
sorry you didnt like the pic

Attached: sadlilpep 2.png (658x662, 46.59K)

How do I make brostep? I unironically want to go back.

The kilohearts limiter is actually kind of cracked wtf???
Like i'd actually use this over Pro-L2 in some instances

Should I get the akai mpk mini 25 or the arturia lab mini 25??
Gonna be using FL

bump for interest

get a life you fucking faggot you're not funny

I'm just asking a question jeez

Could /prod/ or Any Forums ever make an album like Any Forums?

it would be intentionally sabotaged far more quickly

didnt some Any Forums autist make an album of just cp samples because he was annoyed at people calling Buyers Market disturbing?

I think I just got the first ever minor/major 3 chord progression that didn't sound like shit outside of a rock context WOO

thank you arca for inspiration today has been shit

Absolutely not, I don't think anyone here could even explain what a kernel is.

fucking lol dude, do you really think that we dont know what a freaking kernel is??

fucking dumbass

Attached: popcorn-kernel-RJzOyeF-600.jpg (600x600, 92.75K)

thought about making the exact same joke but it felt too reddit xD basic

checked

Best 25 key midi?

Midi keyboard brand tierlist?

The best 25 key midi controller is the 37 key microkey from Korg.

The kernel is a computer program at the core of a computer's operating system and generally has complete control over everything in the system. It is the portion of the operating system code that is always resident in memory, and facilitates interactions between hardware and software components. A full kernel controls all hardware resources (e.g. I/O, memory, cryptography) via device drivers, arbitrates conflicts between processes concerning such resources, and optimizes the utilization of common resources e.g. CPU & cache usage, file systems, and network sockets. On most systems, the kernel is one of the first programs loaded on startup (after the bootloader). It handles the rest of startup as well as memory, peripherals, and input/output (I/O) requests from software, translating them into data-processing instructions for the central processing unit.

Attached: PeeperPepe.jpg (398x228, 20.27K)

arturdia keystep mini

Solid. Thanks for doing my homework nerd.

They’re all equally shit just buy from a popular brand

I spent too much of my day digging through the Renoise forums and chasing links with the wayback machine (that proved to be unsuccessful).
I just wanted to find a native Renoise comb filter effect after senpai mentioned the TED intro sound sounded like it had a comb filter on it.
...maybe there is a JS script for Reaper.

>hating apu
go back newfag

My pleasure

Attached: PeeperPepe2.jpg (398x228, 12.19K)

rate demo
voca.ro/16tDzHy6unrm

What genre of music does this sound like?
What tool can be added?
Does the bass sound too dirty/loud?

Attached: w70vb972507v.jpg (900x900, 29.65K)

You coooould just tune delay feedback and automate the decay

The bass is very loud compared to everything else, aye. Or is it just extra noise from the kick? You can make the plucked synth noise louder relatively.

The bass also doesn't seem to carry a melody in any recognizable scale so it doesn't really carry much of an interesting tune.

I'd look into some of your favourite tracks' drums and see if you can rip off their patterns for profit.

anyone know where i can download the vyzex editor?
i cant find it anywhere

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 8.28.32 PM.png (1004x663, 301.42K)

this is scary, user

Attached: fear.png (300x250, 37.98K)

I made the foolish decision to get an MK3 and now I'm trying to atone for my mistake by making dance music in it anyway. Halfway done.

I need to find maybe one or two interesting things to happen in the track before the breakdown. Hoping the final result is club-friendly.

vocaroo.com/1noCyC4aJ6BK

Attached: detail-contact.png (280x198, 6.74K)

>vocaroo.com/16tDzHy6unrm

it knows i fear it and has returned

Attached: morefear.png (297x243, 31.27K)

Thank you. I'll put it on my calendar to try this three Saturdays from now.
Is the resonant frequency the one where the delay is equal to the inverse of the frequency since the peaks would then add together for that specific frequency?
...or maybe I'm simplifying this too much.

yea-ye-yea-yea-ye-yea
yea-ye-yea-yea-ye-yea
yea-ye-yea-yea-ye-yea
yea-ye-yea-yea-ye-yea

Attached: yea.jpg (296x170, 7.39K)

My music is utter fucking shit and it's been for awhile, Idk how to change it. ffs it's frustrating

>My music is utter fucking shit

prove it

I don't need to prove it. It's shit to me, that's all that matters. But Idk how to improve it.

show us user

>Or is it just extra noise from the kick?
i guess so

>You can make the plucked synth noise louder relatively.
ok

>The bass also doesn't seem to carry a melody in any recognizable scale so it doesn't really carry much of an interesting tune.
If you are talking about the bass guitar, then its job is just to make noise on the background and set the atmosphere/rhythm

>I'd look into some of your favourite tracks' drums and see if you can rip off their patterns for profit.
ok

>scary
I once added a Session Horn Pro and a 60s preset, and it sounds like a circus after that
but I didn’t have an any back-up because I quickly removed them

What effects can I put on my synth chords to make them sound more dynamic and less dry?

Change the patch for dynamics
Delay reverb chorus/phaser for less dry

what do you mean by changing the patch idgi

bump

based

bimp

up

different user
he means flip through different presets till you get a more favorable sound/dynamic

i am.... poster

I think we should use images of singer/rapper/production streamer Calliope Mori for the OP image.

Attached: 1642692685058.jpg (2000x2000, 2.07M)

past

anyone have advice for re-organizing a bedroom studio? Any good you tube clips or sites that have links to good shelves/drawers/or DIY shit for tranny chasers?

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 11.30.58 PM.png (793x520, 798.16K)

Go for the Arturia. It will look better in instagram pics where you pretend to produce music in some aesthetic location, which is the only thing mini keyboards are good for.

Dude please

How do you compress vocals so that everything is the same volume? I find there are always quieter parts that drop out a little bit

Attached: 1624283355609.jpg (1024x679, 145.74K)

dude suck my fucking balls shit head

Attached: f87.jpg (2048x1536, 579.9K)

youtube.com/watch?v=b6rMN_BbKLk
How do I make drums like these? Low pass filter and uh... distorting?
Also how to get that sound on that pad? Some kind of modulation?

Sorry, bro. Last time I watched a video posted in this thread I saw a tranny flopping her dick in some naked lady's face.

>video unavailable
got a mirror?

>Any Forums shut posted posting about trannies more than the literal /prod/ trannies
Fucking brain melted degenerate

>>Any Forums shut posted posting about trannies
u ok bro? so mad u cant type. lol

>Any Forumstard
Fucking phoneposting curse
Fuck this general

You would have to set the threshold lower. Compression doesn't do anything until the volume hits the threshold you set.
You might need to increase the ratio too.

It's Wishin' Well by David Lynch

Thank you

Here
yewtu.be/watch?v=R_0Y0ii0VdU

like these what? it's just a sample loop

Well, how do I make a sample loop like that?

Sounds hot

get a 90' hip hop drum loops sample pack, apply some parallel distortion to it and there you go, it's not rocket science

probably has that baby's first FL project but i had a good bit of fun making this

vocaroo.com/1g9leIxGBQq8