Programming bootcamp

is it worth the money or not? especially webdev (javascript) bootcamp.

Attached: 66D94ADB-C659-4DEA-9126-D895234C45FB.png (512x512, 494.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blocklancers.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you started this thread just so you could post that image

Well partly yes. Though I genuinely wonder if a bootcamp is worth the money.

Attached: 1663087043532887.jpg (512x512, 49.07K)

I doubt a bootcamp would be worth much money. There are a lot of free sites online, and paid courses as well on shit like udemy.

I went through like an IT business degree where I mainly focused on programming. That was not CS in university, but still probably better than a bootcamp and still was not necessary (I did not mostly because I am even to this day thinking I might end up getting some managerial role in the future one I get sick and tired of this shit)

Save your money... probably. Unless you got plenty of dough. Also you should do some programming before the camp, I think most people will end up getting filtered by fucking if else, loops, functions... super basic shit if you actually don't get overwhelmed in an autistic environment when you're literally a hatchling.
t. nigerian

I guess it depends on how much you are willing to invest into it. If you are not good learner then camp will probably help you but otherwise i think it's good to go by yourself and keep learning and mostly practicing and writing.

Many people who start learning just keep learning and learning but they never go and do some bigger project in order to find out where they lack of knowledge is and how much they need to practice where are their weaker points.

not op but relevant to my interests. i'm a a noob who has done a few of those mega long udemy courses, but i feel it's kind of irritating that they work on "projects" with you and then they copy paste huge amounts of important shit from the getgo "since we arent focusing on that right now"

so in the end you end up spending hours tweaking some big thing they had already made up front

fucking shit

how can i make a website from scratch and actually make it immediately my website which i need

i will probably need to use react, css and somethings since i need also to have a metamask wallet in the website and make a gimmick token for my own company which can be used on the website

which languages should i use then?

You can learn JS in a couple of days online

wow hold up there buddy... you want to make website from scratch that's great but do you know the basics like html and css ? without those you are not going anywhere.

JS if you want to do fullstack but you can also use PHP for backend and there are good frameworks too.

I wouldn't even go and dig into JS if you don't know basics and if you do then start learning JS and node or angular or if you want you can dig in into ruby on rails.

Tech-wise everything you need you'll be taught on the job anyway. How many language you "learn" has nothing to do with employability.

I've torrented Udemy courses like Colt Steele and Angela Yu's web development courses, and I'm currently studying from these free (pirated) courses. However, without connection, mentors and "certificate", I find it difficult to get into the webdev industry here. Especially when I don't have a Uni degree. I'm not sure if portfolio alone will get me hired in freelance spaces like fiverr/upwork or legit companies.

look udemy courses and tutorials are fine but seriously turn that shit off and open document and write something you want to create.

Create some small-medium website and write everything you will need and then proceed to work at it. Give yourself a time limit like 2 weeks and you will see. Tutorials and shit are great at start but it will not help you to move and finally start doing actually something.

i can let you watch 100 hours of video on how to use knife and when i give it to your hand for the first time you will cut yourself you will only get better at this by practice and practice and learning on your own that's how you get job and solid base.

will companies hire you based on your personal website/portfolio alone?

You should learn html, css, javascript and make a website from scratch. Read documentation and tutorials as necessary.

Then repeat with react. Keep repeating with new shit you want to learn.

Depends on the company.
They want people who know their shit and are able to orientate in mess that they have create and help them improve it.

Portfolio is great to have because it will let them assume your skillset and level that you are on but they will still test you and ask you a lot of shit.

Do you know any other languages and what is your current job? Was thinking about it from the perspective of someone that already knows some languages desu

well i know of them and have done some small things with them, i dont really know where to start, i've now done a big udemy course on reactjs to build ethereum project, but the guy prepared tons of code in advance that actually make up the bulk of the website build which i want to learn but he said just copy it we are not focusing on it now. fucking shit

i also did a big course on python, but also there i ended up with the feeling "so what can i now actually do? nothing"

now doing a big JS course, and got the feeling i will end up just as frustrated. they show you a lot of things in isolation, some principles, some exercises, some tweaking. but in the end i still havent got a clue how to build what i actually want

Has science gone too far?

This is why im telling you, start working on smaller projects for yourself.

Like literally open word document and let's say
: I want to create my personal website.
-i need login system.
-i need system that will allow me to write my own posts.
-i need update system.

then
login system needs
database for passwords
front end UI design and so on...
-i want to finish login in week.

or just work at one part and you will see how it goes.
Courses are fine but you need to start working at something so you will have idea how good or bad you are.

There are approximately 3 or 4 good bootcamps that might situationally be worth it, the rest are complete grift and not worth a dime.
No bootcamp will be able to teach you anything you wouldn't be able to learn on your own, don't go in expecting that. But you likely will build projects and embellish the hell out of them to get your foot in the door for interviews, that can be well worth it.
If you're under 25 just get a CS degree, that'll be better for you in the long run.
If you do join a bootcamp, make sure you choose one that posts their audited outcomes. Plenty of bootcamps will charge $15k only for their students to get $45k jobs or something when they're done

right, you are very right. the thing is that i cannot even really make that list of things needed

let's say I want to build a copy of this website, but with my stuff in there of course, in the same format, it "seems" like a simple website to me

can you maybe help me make the list of things i need to learn to build a copy of this site, by looking at what it's made of?

blocklancers.io/