Do you think Btrfs will take over ext4 as the default Linux filesystem? SUSE and Fedora now use it by default

Do you think Btrfs will take over ext4 as the default Linux filesystem? SUSE and Fedora now use it by default.

Attached: Btrfs_logo.png (200x200, 9.21K)

Copy on write systems are just better.i
ZFS on nas btw.

yes because it let you have snapshots in grub, which is good especially for rr distro.

yes, ext4 only has a single advantage and that's performance, which doesn't matter much for most use cases and the gap is closing anyway

no, bcachefs will

Sure might, it's a really nifty fs. Snapshots are a godsend for any tinkerers or rolling distro users

no complex filesystem will be able to gain universal acceptance

bcachefs isn't in mainline yet, so no

Is btrfs better than ext4 & xfs when it comes to file integrity and self-healing?

only for mirrored or otherwise redundant/RAID setups

bcahcefs doesn't care about checksums or any of the data-integrity shit as I recall, it's just about tiering. which isn't much use to most people. ditto Red Hat's stratis thing.

>only for mirrored or otherwise redundant/RAID setups
are u retarded? btrfs developers explicitly recommend against raid 5 & 6

Yes, personally tested on a failing hard drive, ext4 would just corrupt itself after some errors, while also locking up io on every error, while btrfs would just work and detect the specific file that was corrupted

so why do so many people complain about losing data with btrfs?

Because it can actually detect corruption. Other filesystems corrupt silently.

i dont see people complaining about losing data with zfs, but they do with btrfs.

I'll keep using reiserfs.

>wifemurdererfs

based. how do i format?

Nobody uses zfs as it's not in the mainline kernel.

Missing the point.
You're claiming people complain about losing data with btrfs because it actually detects corruption.
zfs also detects corruption, but you don't see anyone in the bsd/truenas community complaining about losing data with zfs.