Pi shortage still in full force after like 5 years

>out of stock
>out of stock
>out of stock
>out of stock
Didn't shitcoins die like 6 months ago? Where the FUCK are the pi's? Why aren't they being made to order? Why are they still being sold through like two sellers who instantly get scalped within about 40 seconds of restocking?

Attached: Raspberry_Pi_4_Model_B_-_Side.jpg (1200x706, 174.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

khadas.com/vim
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

people were using these to mine crypto?

Orange pi?

>70°C
no

What is chip shortages? Nothing to do with crypto my dude.

For 99% of project people use Pis for a used Windows shittop/Chromebook is a better choice. Most of them don't even use much more energy once you turn off the screen. I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad 11e Yoga for like 20 EUR last month. It has a quad-core Celeron that's significantly better than RPi's 4 CPU, 8GB of RAM, takes an NVMe drive and an SD card, can be charged by USB-C. Most important of all, it has a Gigabit Ethernet port. It was so cheap because the power button cover is missing (I can still turn it on just fine using a q-tip), 2 keys on the keyboard are broken off and it has a horizontal line of bad pixels on the screen. It takes 4W on idle with the screen turned off, which is about as much as RPi 4. It's completely fanless and the battery will keep it running if power goes out. The only advantage of Pi over this are the GPIOs.

I bought three of them in 2020 so this doesn't affect me.

People were hoarding shitloads of gpu's in big trolleys and wiring them up to pi's to make shitcoin farms

I need pi zero's for my compact projects, I can't tape a laptop to a wall or shove it into a little 3d printed box. I know there are other microcontrollers+microcomputers I can learn how to use, but it would be so much easier on me if I could just order up 5 pi zeros for like 25 bucks and shove them into premade shit like I could in the past. Now you just straight up can't get them at all, or you have to pay up the ass to a scalper if a project absolutely demands one, which I guess mine doesn't, but it still blows.

>Didn't shitcoins die like 6 months ago?
And how the fuck is that related to Raspberry Pi?
>Why aren't they being made to order?
Because chip foundries only make the most profitable chips for Nvidia, Apple and such. Even if they don't want more, they already signed a contract for years, like pic rel for example.
The only exception are car chips which government force them to make despite being cheap as fuck since this world is build for cars and we can't afford to stop consuming them.
>Why are they still being sold through like two sellers who instantly get scalped within about 40 seconds of restocking?
Because 99% of Pis are for industrial use and many other companies depend on them to survive.

Attached: 1637883796003.png (774x682, 783.64K)

just use a larger heatsink?

That defeats the purpose of a microcomputer.

there is no shortage. theyre jews... simple as

tinyminimicro

An used android phone mogs this in everyway

buy a 2014 used rpi, works for libreboot flash.

Has anyone here ever used this board?
khadas.com/vim

There are no SBCs that actually use decent ARM CPUs like snapdragon or whatever. Stuff you would find in a phone that people actually use everyday, is energy efficient, and has good connectivity features like wifi bluetooth gps whatever.
There are some x86 sbcs which are much better, but they are expensive. Still better than a raspberry piss. RPiss is slow, outdated and heavily limits your choice of OS (either linshit or WANGBLOWS 10 ARM with no softweare lmao)

Consider the following

Attached: usff.jpg (900x900, 38.77K)

Give it back

>explodes your battery, to death
Heatlet 70c is fine

Attached: 1663208529918621.png (512x512, 317.28K)

>battery will keep it running
>he keeps a laptop with a battery plugged in 24/7
lmao