Is there a software for organizing your local anime collection that isn't windows-only...

Is there a software for organizing your local anime collection that isn't windows-only, an extremely invasive server/client architecture or completely broken because it was written as a nodejs, pip or docker package and the last update was 7 years ago because it was some stupid kid's resume stuffer project?

Attached: explore.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

rm animes -fr

install gentoo

Attached: download.jpg (2048x2048, 185.05K)

Kodi, but the world has moved onto server/client softwares for this

I already tried like 7 or 8 different projects and none of them work unless I make an anilist or MAL account and probably crunchyroll too, I just wanted a nice interface with pics for watching stuff I already have.

Attached: anime.jpg (1200x755, 151.83K)

I like Directory Opus file manager.

Unfortunately it is Windows only so I can't help you there. Thumbnails work on Linux through Wine but double clicking a file doesn't open it.

Attached: anime.jpg (3840x2160, 2.83M)

Use Sonarr, comes with Gentoo

What's wrong with just double-clicking folder names?
Is your collection so big you don't remember what you have?

unironically switch to streaming at this point

kek the fact that this works, im gonna start typing it like that now

filenames and directories
you literally do not need more

Are people really that retarded? Why can’t you put different titles into a different folders. I can’t imagine that somebody needs a special application for that

I think people want the netflix experience even with their own local files.

looks a lot better than pic related but that takes a lot of setup or some specialty backend program that scrapes anidb, video thumbnails are enough bloat as it is.

Attached: 2022-09-15-220956_251x187_scrot.png (251x187, 10.04K)

>people want the netflix experience
then install kodi and bingie mod you stupid fucks

> (picrel)
Top middle and top right were good
Haven't seen the others

Those programs always want you to rename all your files in some strict season/episode no. format and they almost always need manual intervention anyway, they're for retards who don't actually watch anime.

yeah, it's called directories or folders. they are built in every os that is worth using.

ffmpegthumbnailer
ffmpegthumbs
qt5-imageformats

thank me later

I didn't say I wasn't using thumbnails, ffmpegthumbnailer has native integration with pcmanfm.

I use it to generate wallpapers too, it's way faster than using ffmpeg to extract a single frame from a video, even if it falls outside a keyframe.

Attached: 2022-09-15-235825_347x358_scrot.png (347x358, 97.56K)

Why do you need to organize anime collection?
Just watch it and delete, anyway throw that crap in one folder and call it a day, or use some naming convention like [airing date] Name (tag1, tag2, tagN...)
100% portable, 100% crossplatform, 100% open source, 100% retard proof

shikimori.one (you can switch it to english) and folders on my drive

calling people stupid when you can't even spell "mode" baka