Why are you not using NixOS?

Why are you not using NixOS?

Attached: 207px-Home-nixos-logo.png (207x179, 18.39K)

Because GNU Guix is better.

Attached: guix.png (1200x1360, 298.27K)

horny and GNUpilled

Attached: 1649828301558.png (503x116, 14.42K)

sell me on it

Nickel is going to BTFO LISP even harder than Nix already does. ML-derived master race.

>way fewer packages
>way less support
>shitty non-modular configuration system
>excruciatingly slow evaluation (imagine using eager evaluation to load a data structure with 15000 complex entries LMAO)
>still no flakes
Guix is worse in nearly every way. It's not even worth using overall.

based guix CHAD

I am not using nix because nixpkgs is a complete shit show, documentation is a complete disorganized mess, nix DSL is fucking ugly and limited as a language (has no reason for being and has every reason to not be here) and has dog shit tooling. Also is extremely fragmented in terms of design and functionality especially flakes still being experimental despite also being used by like at least a third of nix users

I already using meme distro, I don't want to fell in bigger memes such as void guix gentoo

gnu+fpbp

>>way fewer packages
works on my machine
>>way less support
works on my machine
>>shitty non-modular configuration system
it's actually more modular
>>excruciatingly slow evaluation (imagine using eager evaluation to load a data structure with 15000 complex entries LMAO)
works on my machine
>>still no flakes
no need

because i can just install nix on my current os

fpbp
/thread

>doesn't have common features nearly everyone uses
>just don't use it
ahh yes the typical freetard cope

>brand new language instead of fixing Nix
as expected, Nix is made by retards who can't design software so they need to add useless complexity every few months to make up for how shit it is, only making the technical debt worse
Nix is dead in the water, especially with Guix now around and quickly maturing

there's manifests and guix-time machine which can do exactly the same thing and also a lot more
>freetard
nix is released under the LGPL you fat faggot

imagine being a pedantic retard refusing to address the fact that guix doesn't officially support a nonfree repository

nix is garbage

Can confirm. Source: tried to build nix from source and
>bootstrap script shits itself because of a syntax error on the first line of the autoconf file. If it’s a versioning issue they sure as fuck don’t document that anywhere
>the list of required packages is hilariously incomplete. You only find this out when configure shits itself a million times
>one of them seems to require a specific version that isn’t even available through apt. You only find that out when the build fails halfway through, but this is where I gave up so I actually have no idea if that’s the real problem
Absolutely niggerlicious

I used it for about a year, went to the summer of nix program (which btw they barely taught anything because they didn't even properly prepare at all) and eventually came to the conclusion that the benefits that it brought (which admittedly were very nice) were ultimately far outweighed by all the negatives I listed in the other post. Like it's completely underrated how bad nixpkgs is; they fucked up very early in its organization and neglected to refactor it then despite being brought up multiple times and now every passing day it gets worse and worse.

i am using it, but it is dual booting and i hardly log on to it

Any OS that isn't Windows is a meme