Why is it so easy to scam audiophiles?

Why is it so easy to scam audiophiles?

Attached: Shaving Compact Discs to improve the sound (_!) 6-24 screenshot.png (1920x1080, 933.25K)

>2006
Proof that people were much more retarded without the internet.

cd transport threads were the bees knees, I kinda miss that fucking moron

>he unironically listens to jitter

>Proof that people were much more retarded without the internet.
But people are still posting on the Internet about how good this thing is.

people still buy audiophile snake oil

The placebo effect is a real effect.

honestly I'd bevel my CDs just because they'd look cool

There... there wasn’t internet in 2006? o.o

they're drug addicts addicted to an imaginary drug, It's almost too easy.

>the internet didnt exist in 2006

Attached: 1659410107816.png (512x512, 291.37K)

You can scam them too, just attach a power supply to literally anything.

Attached: S__5302702.thumb.jpg.a198874cc424344dcb683d73782a385e.jpg (900x678, 89.01K)

user, are you from Papua New Guinea or. Alaska or something?

This really works though. I use it regularly to maintain sound quality on my CD collection.

>man this music sucks dick but the drums sound incredible

Attached: 1659898407197011.jpg (900x828, 280.5K)

That's what I don't get about these guys, you can literally hear the difference between a mass production CD and one that's been properly balanced and beveled.

Snob appeal. It's the same reason why you can sell someone a $50,000 watch that struggles to keep accurate time.

Because audio illusions aren't as well known as optical illusions so people have too much trust in their hearing. No, your ears aren't more sensitive than measurement equipment, it's just your brain filling the blanks.

Attached: blindspot.png (564x776, 3.92K)

Partly this
Partly boomer nostalgia and cope
Partly that audio is a mature technology, and quality that used to require a $50,000 tape machine can now be had and more with a $2 CD player, so it's really difficult to justifiably upsell anyone on it.

You think audiophiles are easy then you shpuld look at guitar players. The defend scams like tone wood and pick material affecting the sound of an electrical signal

You can easily blind test metal vs plastic picks and tell they sound different though

This.
They want to believe, so you just have to make something really expensive and they'll convince themselves it works.

What does the most expensive guitar pick cost?
Can't imagine it's more than $20k ie peanuts in audiophile's minds.