Worst coding books?

What are the worst possible coding books and manuals for a beginner? Asking because I want to handicap myself

Attached: E-3ZNwWX0BMrpug.jpg (423x406, 28.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seebs.net/c/c_tcn4e.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reading TAOCP cover to cover

all of them

This.

Attached: 1663245382075.gif (444x250, 1.7M)

What did you do to poor chiruno

>see cirno
>bump the thread
simple as

Uncle Bob.
It won’t make you a bad coder, but it is basically a way to hijack your brain so that you only see the trees and never the forest until it wears off. You will turn into the “slow but meticulous” archetype and people will hate it.

how hard is the A+ cert test really? I would think if you study a little and have a background in tech it would be easy but I've read that a lot of people fail the first time

what's the best way to study?

Attached: 51i8W+KevmL._AC_SY580_.jpg (404x500, 42.25K)

If you can build a computer and know what SCSI is, you can pass it. Easiest fucking test I've ever taken.

Attached: 1663080489884173.jpg (640x947, 461.87K)

why is everyone else saying the opposite? did you study at all?

They're probably normie "good at tech", ie can set up their mom's phone and help grandma use her email kind of "good at tech". Iirc there are some questions about older standards that aren't in use anymore, but I can't remember if those are on the a+ or just the net+. Try doing some practice tests online before paying for the real thing, plenty of places have free ones

Also no I didn't study, just did like 3 practice tests before I took the real thing

>beating a fat retarded man in the street
Why would you do this?

I got my first A+ certificate when I was 15. It's a pretend certificate that says you're qualified to open the case on a tower PC and blow out the dust with compressed air.

It basically qualifies you to do physical janitor tasks to old computers without electrocuting yourself or damaging the equipment.

I just took a short practice test and 70% of the test was mobile shit that I had no clue about

c++ primer plus
probably the worst c++ book to learn off of

Herbert Schildt's books
seebs.net/c/c_tcn4e.html

I don't know specifically if they make coding books, but the Schaum's Outline series of books were the absolute worst math and physics books (and actually textbooks overall) I have ever been exposed to.

They're full of vague descriptions, unsolvable student problems, straight up incorrect information and frequent typos.

bad student problems seem to be pretty common in most textbooks. nothing makes me sethe more than pounding my head against a wall trying to figure out how to solve some problem at the end of a chapter and then finally looking up the answer and seeing that it required information/techniques not covered yet

I'm now almost paranoid about spending too much effort on student problems because I'm worried the same shit is going to happen

Attached: 1655814730171m.jpg (1024x844, 90.78K)

don't they ask stupid shit like protocols and port numbers for obscure shit like DHCP, SNMP, DNS, RDP, etc?

>pic
America.

I'm getting that I should just study the test and not worry about general knowledge stuff

Attached: 1662744472573858.jpg (1080x1173, 72.03K)

Pretty sure that's just net+, don't remember any of that for the a+