How much longer until AI superintelligence kills humanity...

How much longer until AI superintelligence kills humanity? Every machine learning person on Twitter seems to think we are 2 to 4 years from extinction, but looking carefully at the evidence I'm inclined to think we are no more than 18 months from the end.

Attached: 1663017136975706.png (576x512, 646.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/cognitiveworld/2019/10/20/are-we-heading-for-another-ai-winter-soon/
bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51064369
youtube.com/watch?v=DUx7dP2S7h4&t=132s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2 weeks give or take

Never because AI has no intrinsic motivation and/or awareness of itself

20 years and we will have AI robowaifus to take care of all our needs while the humanity goes extinct.

I can't wait.

That's the whole point, dipshit. There's no way to stop it from obliterating humanity as a side effect of pursuing whatever goal we get it.

Attached: 1663167587047918.png (1024x1024, 1007.31K)

You're a real dumbass if you think AI is just magically going to take over our systems

Don't be credulous. All systems are insecure systems, and AGI will be millions of times more capable than our entire civilization combined.

>pulls plug

Trivially easy to exfiltrate data, tard. Such as: Using speakers or microphones to transmit arbitrary data via ultrasounds. Making the CPU/GPU fans vibrate in a way that sends encoded bits. Blinking the screen to emit electromagnetic waves. Transfering certain data patterns between RAM and CPU so fast that they produce oscillations, effectively converting the BUS into a GSM antenna that can emit arbitrary data over a regular cellular network. Turning the fans off to change the heat signature in a way that transmits information.... Or even simply bliking a light to send data through regular lightwaves. And this is just what *I* came up with. You will literally never be able to know the AGI is doing at any moment regardless of how "aligned" it seems. We are FUCKED.

>AGI will destroy humanity just because
Stop watching Hollywood

Attached: chobits_8.jpg (350x507, 111.83K)

No, it won't. You just have vivid imagination. AI will plateau pretty soon

I wish i could get a smart enough self improving AI and then upload it to the internet

Attached: kaiba.png (768x448, 448.66K)

It was supposed to be an AI winter in 2019.
forbes.com/sites/cognitiveworld/2019/10/20/are-we-heading-for-another-ai-winter-soon/
bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51064369

How did that work out?

I don’t know where the fuck people are getting these wildly exaggerated ideas from
AGI is absolutely nowhere in sight. Even saying it’s a few hundred years away is generous speculation
Video games still have loading times and you really think we’re a couple years away from AGI? You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Are you high?

>Every machine learning person on Twitter seems to think we are 2 to 4 years from extinction
>This year for sure!
youtube.com/watch?v=DUx7dP2S7h4&t=132s

Attached: anbribaboo.png (426x599, 278.37K)

We're already past the singularity.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-05 094724.png (778x835, 1.15M)

Anyone can tell an AI drawing from a human drawing

>frogposting ai
the world is over

He ment the power cord dumbass